Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tracy2664

Re: Difference between Discovery Plus app and Discovery Plus on Roku Channel??

Jump to solution

Thank you for that advice. Except that there is, as evidenced by what people are posting here - access to The Repair Shop through one but not the other. I have finally just cancelled my direct Discovery Plus subscription and renewed through the Roku subscription.

0 Kudos
mwalla19
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Let us know if you can truly watch all the seasons of the The Repair Shop on the Roku subscription.

karno
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes there is a difference. Read what people are saying. There are shows on D+ through Roku that are not on the stand-alone D+ app. 

0 Kudos
Libby1210

Jump to solution

I don't have an answer but am so frustrated with this. they fixed it once were I only paid for discovery plus because roku is supposed to be FREE

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having a similar problem. Although I subscribe to discovery plus through Roku I was watching Gold Rush season 13 last week this week discovery plus no longer has it available through Roku discovery plus. So it seems discovery plus just picks and chooses what you can watch through Roku subscription or there subscription. Seems pretty **bleep** I’m about to cancel discovery plus and to heck with them. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Gold Rush is on the new combined Max. Not sure if it is still on the real Discovery+. As you have learned, NEVER subscribe through a 3rd party 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same- just a different show and it's new so this is why people get so upset not only d u have to have a provider w/ a channel foe specific shows you now have to sub to a streaming platform. 

Now it appears some apps with have additional or be without specific programing. 

This is unacceptable and very disturbing that Discovery and other Networks are basically requiring you to repurchase 99.9% of their content on 3+ platforms to have access to specific content. Greedy and crooked.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous 

Under search you can see where discovery+, discovery channel via provider, and discovery+ streaming platform form are offering different content. Requiring customers to purchase their content 3-5 times this is pure greed and not okay with any consumers. 

Completely taking advantage of their customers. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

that's not completely accurate, this is a ploy. To get you to repurchase content when a program is only available through that source. 

Discovery+ on Roku channel DiscoveryNow, Discovery via provider (any) & other streaming platforms (like Max & Starz & AMC+ all do this) Discovery+ is aware and so is Roku. 

To say otherwise is a blatant lie.

Transparency & Honesty keep customers loyal not schemes and hidden agendas.

0 Kudos
Dbuitrago

Jump to solution

I notice that the Discovery + app thru Roku does not have current episodes. 

0 Kudos