Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marchyman
Channel Surfer

DLibrary Japan playback issue

Jump to solution

It's not only the Roku Channel that doesn't load content.  First, here is the requested data:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, software OS/version, and IP address (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

3820X

X01700N16J97

1.2.0.0 build 4184.CU

S08Y42416J97

• does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

DLibrary Japan

Version 1.10 build 0

• tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

ID 97-222-072

• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing

Select DLibrary Japan — must be logged in

Select a movie

Attempt to watch the movie.

• where are you currently located

San Mateo, Ca

• who is your ISP (internet service provider)

Xfinity

• are you using a VPN

No

Background:

My wife subscribes to DLibrary Japan.   We had two Streaming Stick+ devices.  DLibrary Japan works perfectly on one.  The other unit worked for almost 3 years then started failing by not letting her stream selected content.  She could browse content, but selecting something to play results in maybe a second of black screen before returning to the content overview.

A reset would not resolve the issue.   However, a factory reset did.  For a short while.  Less than a day.

Thinking we had a bad Streaming Stick+ replaced it with the newer Streaming Stick 4K.  Everything was fine for 3 or 4 weeks.  Now the new unit acts the same as the one we replaced.   DLibrary fails to load content.  Do a factory reset and it works.  (That was this morning).   Try to watch something this evening and again there is a failure to load content.

All the while the unit on a second TV has never had an issue.   Both units get wall power.  The units that won't load content have been tried on multiple TVs.  Same failure mode.

What next?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marchyman
Channel Surfer

Re: DLibrary Japan playback issue

Jump to solution

DLibrary Japan notified us of an app update, version 1.11.  We were on 1.10.   We updated -- select the DLibrary channel, hit the * button, select check for updates -- and signed in again once the update was done.  So far it is working.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @marchyman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We are happy to help.

We recommend performing the below steps and seeing if you can resolve the issue:

If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks, 

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
marchyman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuArjiemar -- thanks for the reply.  I did as you suggested.   It did not resolve the issue.  The only thing that temporarily resolves the issue is to do a factory reset of the device and then re-install as if new.  That works.  For a while.  Until the next time we go to watch the channel which may be 8-24 hours later.

And we have never experienced the issue with one of our three Roku devices.

I will attempt to contact the Channel vendor.

0 Kudos
coffeejelli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuArjiemar,

My family is also experiencing the same thing for the last few days. Our ISP is also Xfinity and I've already tried deleting the channel and restarting the tv many times. This solved the issue for the last couple days but today it does not work. Please let me know what we should do. Thank you.

0 Kudos
coffeejelli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @marchyman,

Please let me know if you hear back from dLibrary. I submitted an inquiry of this issue to them this morning through their website. If I get any updates, I'll be sure to post them. 

Best of luck! 

0 Kudos
marchyman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@coffeejelli I've had a couple of back and forth messages with dLibrary JAPAN.  Their last communications was "We reported your trouble and Roku information to our technical team."

0 Kudos
druce
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem.  Two weird things to add to the discussion though. First, I can subscribe and unsubscribe, I can logout and login again (neither solve the problem). But I can’t delete the app.  The option doesn’t show up.  I assumed that it doesn’t let you delete until your subscription has expired. 

I did a factory reset on my Roku in order to start fresh.  After I reinstalled dLibrary and I was able to start streaming again… for about five minutes.  I exited the app and came back, and could no longer stream.  I repeated the process, and the same thing happened.  

This service is for my elderly mother in law, who isn’t technical.  I am hoping to find a solution soon because it doesnt make sense to continue the subscription if I can’t access the service. 

0 Kudos
marchyman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Workarounds that might work for your mother-in-law...

1) Use AirPlay or some Android equivalent to stream from the DLibrary app on a tablet or phone.  The Roku does AirPlay if your TV doesn't.

2) Switch to a Fire TV Stick.  My very old Fire TV Stick worked for DLibrary, although not as quickly with a delay (for buffering?) before starting playback.  Perhaps newer units are faster.

0 Kudos
marchyman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

DLibrary Japan notified us of an app update, version 1.11.  We were on 1.10.   We updated -- select the DLibrary channel, hit the * button, select check for updates -- and signed in again once the update was done.  So far it is working.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @marchyman!

We appreciate you keeping us informed!

Thanks for letting us know about the resolution you've made to resolve this.
If you have any more questions or issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us or bring them up in the Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos