Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jtmorgan

Re: Credits screen minimizing and going black on streaming services

Ive been having the same issue with Max app and possibly others since buying the tv. Sometimes it cuts the last 12 minutes off of the end of shows on CW app. I took a video of the max app behavior but see no way to attach it.

Model A113X - Roku TV

serial X00300JYMVJR (SO5EY23MVJR)

Software version 12.5.5 build 4177-88

GC version 11.1.25

Timestamp 2024-04-02T04:03:29Z

issue ID JR-132-723

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Jtmorgan!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with the Max channel and we appreciate you letting us know about this.

Could you also provide us with the specific channels affected by this? Also, if this only happens to the Max channel, kindly try to perform the troubleshooting steps below to see if this will make any difference:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
  4. A short video clip of it happening. (download the video on your Google Drive and provide us the link)

If the issue persists, kindly try to reach out to Max's Support and raise this playback issue with them for further assistance and clarification. 

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikepierce

Hi - Is there any update on this situation?  I am having the same problem. At the end credits, when the screen minimizes, the small screen goes black.  Even after I click on the small screen to maximize it, the screen remains black.  Audio and captioning continues, but that's all.  This happens with Max, Hulu, & Netflix.  

TCL 65R635, Serial 2203GTO003096A00191

Software Version 12.5.5

Build 4177

I, and others, would appreciate a fix!

Paul

0 Kudos