Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britdusk
Reel Rookie

Crave not working I canceled my crave service and wanted to start it again how ever when I open the

I canceled my crave service and wanted to start it again how ever when I open the app it loads right to a black screen I have deleted the channel and restarted my tv and then reinstalled the app how ever the issue is still there

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Crave not working I canceled my crave service and wanted to start it again how ever when I open

I think the problem with the remove/restart/add procedure with Crave is that it shares its information with other channels/apps developed by Bell Media like CTV.  If that's the case, you'd have to remove all the Bell Media developed channels, restart, and then add them back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Britdusk
Reel Rookie

Re: Crave not working I canceled my crave service and wanted to start it again how ever when I open

Thank you fo that suggestion how ever that is the only bell media app I have currently on my tv 

0 Kudos
renojim

Hmm... removing, restarting, and adding should remove any traces of the channel/app.  The only other thing I can suggest is the drastic measure of a factory reset.

0 Kudos
Britdusk
Reel Rookie

So I did the factory reset went though everything again it reinstalled all apps that I had on before and crave is still not working I did try and go into guest mode and then crave worked so I have no idea what to do to get it to work

0 Kudos
renojim

That's interesting.  I have one final idea, but it's more drastic than the factory reset.  Create a new Roku account, factory reset your Roku, and link it to the new account.  This is a really bad idea if you've made purchases through Roku or have subscriptions through Roku as you would lose them.

Beyond that, maybe @RokuDanny-R can help.

0 Kudos