Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tans84

Crave Channel not working

I have a subscription to the crave channel. Was working fine until I changed the password on the app online, now it won't open on my roku....please help!! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Crave Channel not working

@Tans84 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stipsmich

I have the same issue, but there is no option to remove the channel. What should I do? I don’t want to do a factory reset every time I change a password.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

so you highlite the Channel in Home and press the Star key * on

your remote. A dialog box should come up with remove Channel in it.

at any rate do Settings/System/System restart

it isnt a factory reset just a system restart and is healthy to do now and then

as far as Im concerned.

Factory or hard reset is drastic and shouldnt be necessary.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Liz599
Reel Rookie

Nothings worked so far not even the factory reset option helped.  Crave just won't open 

0 Kudos
Catocrates
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the same. Tried many resets and updates and still not working

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Liz599 @Catocrates,

Thanks for the post regarding the issue you are experiencing. I understand that you are unable to stream the Crave channel.

A playback issue may be the result of a network problem, or it may be caused by an outage with a single channel. In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Settings >System >Select System restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

If after attempting the suggestions above, you are still unable to play any titles from a single channel while content from other channels plays fine, contact the customer support team for the channel provider to report the issue and get help.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Hi. Did you solve the problem?

I have exactly the same situation, and nothing helps 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@iamelainelloyd

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us specifically what happens when you launch the Crave channel? Have you tried the suggestion posted by @RokuNimfa-C above? Please let us know as well if the same issue occurs on other channels installed on your Roku device.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Catocrates
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I have done all that.

I have updated Crave.

I have updated roku both with and without Crave installed.

I have done a factory reset. 

I have unplugged the power cable, waited close to a minute then plugged it back in, both with and without Crave installed. 

I have updated Crave.

I have updated my roku both with and without Crave installed.

Nothing has worked and it's been close to a month now

0 Kudos