Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Tried to post on the previous thread on this same problem but apparently it is closed to replies even though no solution has been provided.  Last post was on ‎08-10-2023.  So now I find mysekf having the same problem as everyone else has described with no solution yet.   I moved my Roku stick to a new location, new ISP.  Now the Roku Channel will not play anything.  Prior to moving thw stick I had not seen this problem.  Press play and it just stays on the episode screen.  Doesn't matter which show, none of them will play on Roku Channel.  All the other apps on the Roku stick are working fine.  Only Roku Channel has this problem.  And of course the software is up to date and the stick has been restarted.

0 Kudos
59 REPLIES 59
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Hi @TVwatcherToo,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We want to gather more information regarding this for us to address the issue. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team who will address this issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

3940RW-Roku Express 4K

X01600SG90YE

S07R426G90YE

12.0.0 build 4184-CR

YE-429-277

0 Kudos
CommunityLeader
Binge Watcher

Before my condo switched to fiber, I had exactly the same issue with the Roku Channel. Many videos simply wouldn't work. I never really used the channel so it's more of a technical curiosity for me.

I assumed it was because:

1) Roku Channel did a latency check (for whatever reason) and the condo LAN somehow failed.

2) Roku Channel did some sort of IP blacklist (like many content providers) and some MDU-type network installs were simply blocked.

Regardless, after the condo switched to fiber the Roku Channel started working. For now. They're going to upgrade in December and we'll see if it gets blocked again.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing the information, @TVwatcherToo

For further details, may we ask your ISP and your IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)? In the meantime, could you please try to connect your Roku device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you notice any difference?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
uh1hslick

how do you fix it

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @uh1hslick,

Thanks for your post.

We'll have this one investigated and raise it with the appropriate team. That being said, kindly provide the details asked for by @RokuTakashi.

We're hoping for your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

I received an email today from Roku titled How can Roku enhance your life?

Well, how about fixing this problem so I can actually use my Roku channel?

Is it fixed yet?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TVwatcherToo,

We're sorry for the delay in our solution to this. Try accessing it using a mobile hotspot and let us know if there are any differences.

If the problem persists, please send us a PM with the details below.

• ISP
  • IP address (whatismyisp.com)

We'll be anticipating it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVwatcherToo
Binge Watcher

Already sent the ISP and IP on October 26 and said I do not have a hotspot option to try.

0 Kudos