Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zzman

Re: FREE programs do not play on Roku Ultra

After about a week of unloading the "ROKU channel" app, rebooting &/or leaving the unit off for a day & even creating a new account...., the "ROKU channel" wouldn't play videos!   Nothing worked!!!!

I logged into ROKU's web site looking for a way to clean the cache for said channel and while being at ROKU's web site..., I noticed that there was a ROKU apo for android.  I loaded the app to check it out and while I was checking it out, I decided to see if said "ROKU channel" would play any content...., it did!  In fact it even showed the memory of what episode l'd left off on, so I decided to compare that with what was showing on the ROKU Ultra box and it was the same.  On a lark, I decided to see if any content would play on the ROKU Ultra box..., well go figure...., it worked now! 

So I figure that while you have to create a ROKU account for the new ROKU products, ROKU didn't include a cache cleaner and/or reset in "their" apps and/or at their web site...., the deal apparently is that the ROKU Ultra box doesn't really log into it's own web site or the network like it should.

Anyway....., that's just my two cents! 

You know...., I'm thinking this just might work the same for other apps.

0 Kudos
Slswallow

Cannot play shows on ROKU channel

We cannot watch any show on the ROKU channel.  All other channels work fine.  We have deleted the channel & reinstalled it.  We have rebooted the ROKU and rebooted our internet.  Nothing works.

We have a Roku player on our TV.  We are having the same problem trying to watch online.

0 Kudos
jugcap

Re: Cannot play shows on ROKU channel

Please Roku.  Fix it!!!

0 Kudos
tw1982

Can only view live tv on roku channel nothing else on the roku channel will load

Has anyone had this issue before can anyone help me???

0 Kudos
Grace2

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

I had the same problem.  After about 10 days, it is fixed now.  However, the volume is terrible.  On the program I am viewing, the volume needs to be up about 4-5 settings; then when the ads come, they blast you out of the room.   Am I the only one noticing the difference?

0 Kudos
KatKatKat
Binge Watcher

Mine also miraculously fixed itself after about 8 days.   But, I am not having that issue with volume.   Not sure if anyone else is.   Mine was normal.   Thanks.

0 Kudos
Vincero
Channel Surfer

Roku channel still will not play on any device, including new Roku device purchased last week.

Have employed every listed fix.

All other channels work fine.

I'm starting to believe the folk that are reporting spontaneous fixes are simply Roku shills.

0 Kudos
Vincero
Channel Surfer

There is paid content on the Roku Channel. I've paid for it and can no longer access it.

0 Kudos
KatKatKat
Binge Watcher

LOL.... I can assure you I am not a shill.   I was screaming just as loud as anyone else when mine did not work for 8 days.   But, I also did not make any of the suggested changes that people were throwing out there.... possibly because I didn't understand how to do what they suggested.   If you changed anything at all, you might try changing it back to it's original status.  Anyway, it did just fix itself I guess, or Roku figured out how to fix a large percent of us unhappy customers.   Not sure what else to suggest. 

0 Kudos
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play

Well it's been 2.5 months and I have had multiple messages that say, "be patient, we're working on it." 

Here's the deal, I have 2 Rokus on different type of TVs, both work fine for any other channels EXCEPT Roku channel. I have sent all the info requested but so far no one has offered even the faintest solution to this problem. Now the only thing I can think of is that I use Starlink for my service. I've searched and not found other Starlink users complaining of the same problems. 

I would appreciate a timely response, maybe even a live person to call and walk me through a solution. 

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play