Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mylissaweaver
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Also experiencing issue with Roku Channel. 

@RokuNimfa-C, how will we be notified of the update when it’s back working?

0 Kudos
Jay17
Reel Rookie

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

I have the same problem. I have a Roku number given to me by TCL/ roku support but don't know what to do with it.

0 Kudos
KatKatKat
Binge Watcher

Dan,  So why and how would this literally happen overnnight?    We have used this Roku system for about 6 months with no problem whatsoever, and the next day none of it works.   I'm hoping this isn't some sort of fix that I'm going to have to hire/pay someone to come to my house and work on it.   If we are to fix this ourselves, someone is going to have to walk us through it step by step, to a beginner, not with tech language....lol.   I've seen comments about changing numbers on routers, etc..... I have no idea whatsoever how to do that.   Would it be on the router itself?   We have 4 computers in this house.   Would it have to be done by one particular computer?    Or is it something I can call Spectrum and tell them to fix it?    They have already told me it is not their fix and I had to call and deal with Roku.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
fin2lean
Channel Surfer

4:30 central time, live channel is working again thank you

Beatel
Channel Surfer

My Roku is working again this morning. Whatever you did to fix it, remember that for next time. 😊

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@KatKatKat wrote:

Dan,  So why and how would this literally happen overnight?   

If it was because one of the master DNS servers that is used by many ISPs, yes it could literally happen overnight to many, many end users. I'm sure there's no need for anyone to come to your home to fix it. This is something that's happening out in the Internet proper, and will need to be resolved "out there". 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Beatel
Channel Surfer

Except that it only affected Roku channel and nothing else. 

0 Kudos
Tdwlew
Reel Rookie

My Roku Channel is working again too!  No changes to WiFi, router, sticks or devices.  Just started working.  

0 Kudos
Henbird
Channel Surfer

Mine is working again also and I’m very thankful for that.

Hopefully it’s fixed for some that have been waiting weeks and months instead of days.

If any Roku tech people read this, could you please explain what happened? Even with my limited tech knowledge, I’m curious.

KatKatKat
Binge Watcher

Well miraculously, it is now working again.    Don't know if they changed something at roku, but I know I didn't.   So, if they found a solution, they need to make note of it in case it happens again.   Thank you Roku for fixing the problem!

0 Kudos