Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisLarry

Roku Channel does not play movies

We have two Roku Expresses and are unable to play any movies from either one. It is very frustating that every other channel works except for the Roku Channel. I have reset them and still nothing. Very frustrated with Roku. We can get to the play mode, but all that shows up is the background of the movie picture along with the movie title and the episode number

0 Kudos
Vincero
Channel Surfer

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Roku stopped working for me about a week ago.

I've tried all of the recommended fixes, numerous times.

It appears that hundreds of users with all types of equipment are experiencing the same problem.

So, it would seem the problem is not at our end.

If I hadn't paid for Roku, I would consider this a dissapointment.

As I have paid for Roky equipment and content, I consider this a breach of contract.

Perhaps is it time to consider a legal remedy.

Vincero
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel does not play ANYTHING

Dear Mary,

RE: 

Saw your post.

We sincerely appreciate your patience regarding your channel playback issue with The Roku Channel and we have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Our priority is to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

I don't think anyone believes you.

Vincero
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play

Dear Nimfa,

Your suggestions have all been tried by hundreds, if not thousands of people.

The problem is not on our end.

Could we get genuine response with some expectation for a fix?

If there is no fix comming, I'm ready to move on.

Who do I contact for a refund for all Roku equipment and content?

KatKatKat
Binge Watcher

Dan,  What about the fact that the 'roku channel' works fine on my laptop, just does not work on any of the TVs.   My laptop uses the same Wifi, Router, Modem, etc.

JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

So I did that. Went into my router and made the changes you suggested.
Roku would still not work.

I deleted the channel and re-installed it.

Still won't work. 

Live TV works. But not the Roku app on the tv. 

0 Kudos
rbinford
Reel Rookie

I have the same issues on my Desk Top that have on all of my Roku devices.

Here in Dallas,Tx. USA my Roku has not been playing Roku Ch. content for 2weeks starting in mid April. I'm noticing a growing trend . what's going on & how do I fix it. What number do you have to call ?? Or is Roku going out of business

WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

I've been operating a high speed wireless network for 14 years, not to mention years of networking services.

In all my time I have come to see that either DNS works or DNS doesn't work, when Name Servers fail, everything fails.

I strongly disagree that this is a DNS issue on the client-side, if it is a DNS issue at all, it is internal of the Roku network ... a setting was changed or altered otherwise all of the complaints in this thread would state broad spectrum failure from all providers not just Roku.

WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

You don't get a living human to speak with at Roku.

Short of having an upper echelon Roku device which provides some level of direct support, this is where we plebs get to report problems to an infinite black-hole of nothingness.

If it takes Roku's engineer's this long to get nowhere, it's time to dump the engineering staff and re-staff that department