Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thebigcat

Re: Roku Channel does not play ANYTHING

This is happening to my ROKU tv starting 5/5/2023. I scanned the tv for live channels is all I can remember doing prior to this. Not the tv about a week ago and it worked fine. 

0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play

Same for us.

Going on 17 or 18 days now.

Have had several chats with the Twitter help account. Pretty sure it's just a bot. Always ends with it saying thanks for your patient and that they are working on it.

0 Kudos
sjk122739q

Re: Roku channel not loading streaming content

Same problem here. Live channels on Roku App...no problem.  Other programs no luck. Just like to know if problem is on my end or tech end.

0 Kudos
Doomsayr
Binge Watcher

The Roku channel will not play movies!

I click on a movie. It brings up the discription. When I click play it just refreshes the movie description. This is why no one enjoys roku. They just get used as monitors. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku channel will not play movies!

Hi @Doomsayr,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback with us and we're sorry if you are facing an issue playing content on The Roku Channel.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Could you provide an example movie title that you experience this issue within The Roku Channel?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Janet_E
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issues!  Roku and up faith and family does the same issue as described above.  Mine started Thursday last week.  Disney, Hulu, and prime all work

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Janet_E,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on The Roku Channel and Faith & Family channel. We'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Does this happen on all movies/shows on The Roku Channel and Faith & Family channel or just specific titles?

As a first step, we recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if there's any difference after.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doomsayr
Binge Watcher

@RokuMary-F 

you cannot remove the Roku channel from Roku tvs. Why are you guys not fixing this and acting like it's user error? This started 2 days ago for me but I looked it up and it's been going on for over a year off and on for other people.

I've tried to watch several movies that didn't work. It wasn't just one. I even tried to factory reset the TV and still nothing.

Janet_E
Reel Rookie

I did everything your email said too.  I even did a factory reset on 1 of 2 roku sticks and that didn't fix the problem.  I own 2 sticks and they have the same issue

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Doomsayr @Janet_E

Thanks for your post. 

We would like to learn more about the issue you are seeing. Can you provide specific titles where the issue occurs? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos