Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

My Roku Channel won't play anything. I click on it and it just takes me back to the episode page again no matter what show it is. How can we get this fixed?

0 Kudos
fin2lean
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have three 4k rokus and they all have only 3 or 4 channels that play.  Everything was fine about three days ago and thats when roku added all the extra channels.  That is when the problem started, my guess is too many channels and not enough server.

0 Kudos
Blueeyes67

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues with my Roku app. It will not load content. Everything else on my TV works fine except the Roku app! This is very frustrating!!

0 Kudos
DonELew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Problem  is not resolved.  I have been providing information to a support tech. 4/19 and 4/20.  Currently still nothing is working on Roku Channel, and it appears that there are several others experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
Sh4
Binge Watcher

Re: Non-Roku apps work fine. Roku channels not working!

Jump to solution

Still not working! Can anyone let me know what is being done to fix this problem....if anything?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users, 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with The Roku Channel. We sincerely apologized for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • the specific content title that you are seeing this issue occur with
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • where are you currently located

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible and ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am the details you are asking for.

Issue report tracker
Model: 4802CA - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X01000W3N1JT (SOR322A3N1JT)
Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4175-C2
GC version: 9.1.120
Timestamp: 2023-04-20T15:27:46Z
Please use issue ID JT-157-887 to report the current
Issue.

The IP Address from whatsmy ip is: 99.244.19.201

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

Hi @Slats,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fin2lean
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have three ultras, one is an LT, all  have the latest updates. I have seventeen streaming channels that run through the rokus, all work fine except for the Roku channel. I am in bettendorf Iowa, Ihave excellent wifi connections and my speeds are always over 100mbps. The 3 roku are all diferent build dates and different updates.  My earlier statement still stands, everything was fine until approxamately three days ago when you added a whole bunch of extra channels to the lineup, that is when the problem occured. Loss of most of the channel lineup after this so called upgrade with extra channels, maybe it wasnt a good upgrade after all.