Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play

Jump to solution

Haven't heard anything from Roku for a long time, near 2 months. This issue still exists and am not able to play any TV series, movies, many music channels. You keep saying be patient but so far I have not been updated on what is causing this issue for us or others that seem to have the same problems. 

FYI, in case it is pertinent, I use Starlink for my internet provider. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AlanAnderson

Thank you for the inquiry!

If you're experiencing issues with The Roku Channel not playing, here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Check your internet connection: Make sure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. A poor internet connection can affect the app's performance.

Restart the app: Sometimes, restarting the app can resolve temporary issues.

Update the app: Make sure that you have the latest version of The Roku Channel app installed. If not, update the app to the latest version.

Restart your Roku device: Try restarting your Roku device by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in. This can sometimes help to resolve issues with the app.

Reset your Roku device: If the issue persists, you may want to try resetting your Roku device to its factory settings. This will erase all of your data and settings, so make sure to back up any important data before resetting.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
LCT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I Prev provided (end of Feb) all this stuff per your request re episodes not loading:

Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version ; version/build is the channel, Tracker ID when this issue occurs current location , IP Address. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Note: no longer have ip info from the provider i was using at time of the issue(s). Episode loading issue mysteriously fixed after changing my provider back to the one I had a year ago.  (see prev post) If you need my present ip addr i will email to your techies if you provide an email address.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LCT

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that this matter is still being investigated. We'll make sure to update this Community thread as soon as more information becomes available. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Kat11355
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Same problem. I e en removed channel and then added it

OdelG813X roku tv

Serial nu. Er X0120012UATR

Software version 11.5.0Build4312 ct

Timestamp

2023-4-19-1[700:59:19Z

User idTR-155-569

KyleK29
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also have this issue, tried the steps of reinstalling/rebooting, still no luck. I noticed it started doing it a few weeks back but just forgot about it .. then it worked for the Die Hart 2 this past weekend, and is now suddenly doing it again.

Given the intermittent issues, it seems like a network issue.

*Update*

- Tried to play something on Android via the Roku Mobile app [same Wifi network as Roku devices], same thing happens .. so that seems to indicate it's not related to the Roku devices themselves.

- Disconnected from the Wifi and tried again over 5G w/ the app (different ISP, no router/firewall besides Android's) .. content worked fine.

^^ Seems to indicate that the app/channel is having routing issues. I don't have my network tools to debug this more at the moment, but if I remember tomorrow I'll try and get more info by tracing to the CDN involved.

Swright22

Jump to solution

I am having this issue on all 3 of my Roku tvs..started last night

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kat11355 @Swright22,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with streaming your Roku device. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Are you being prompted with an error message?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to resolve any playback issue? How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Note: When removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. If you are still unable to resolve the issue.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Timwalt7
Reel Rookie

Non-Roku apps work fine. Roku channels not working!

Jump to solution

My Roku Channel, my paid subscription channels on Roku, and live tv on Roku is not working.  I have tried multiple things even a factory reset and it was nothing but a headache without fixing the problem.  You can get the app to open but when you click on a show or channel it just refreshes to the same menu to start the program all the live channels are just black with no sound.   What has happened to my Roku stuff? I need help please.   Thank you.  

SortingAlgo
Channel Surfer

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I've also tried removing the channel, restarting, and re-adding it.
I've also tried factory resetting the device, and no change.