Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilhalsted

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

I’m not sure how this thread works but I am experiencing the same problem.  I select a program like Doc Martin, the episode synopsis opens, I press play and the white bar at the top says “Loading” for half a second and it returns the synopsis.  I have rebooted my rotor. I have removed the stick from my TV, I have done a soft restart, I have checked for updates AND I have reconnected my broadband.  Nothing is working.  I will try going to my VPN and try a different channel to see if that changes anything.  It appears that all other channels are working; Netflix, Prime, PBS, NBC … just not the Roku channel.  If anyone can provide any information or help, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

It appears that Roku is doing this as a way to get us to purchase their premium package. Since the problem happens to all devices, under the account name, that is the only explanation. Roku devices have two-way communication, meaning they receive and send data to Roku.  There are a lot of us in the same boat, and Roku does not give us an answer. There are several years with same complaint.

0 Kudos
marchyman
Channel Surfer

Since the problem happens to all devices, under the account name

Not so.   We have three devices, the third purchased because we thought one of the other two was bad.   One device has never had the issue.   The other two devices sometimes work correctly.  Sometimes.   Mostly not.  All three are registered to the same account.

Roku Streaming Stick+ ==> never an issue with this unit

Roku Streaming Stick+ ==> had issues, replace because we thought the device was bad

Roku Streaming Stick 4K ==> has issues

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel won’t play anything

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback issues when accessing The Roku Channel.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve the issue affecting a subset of customers.

If you have not already, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing / behavior that you see with the channel
  • What is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Hi Anjelie

I've supplied all the required information.

My ROKU didn't work for SEVEN weeks. Then worked for one week and BOOM - now it's almost two weeks with it NOT working again.

Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @JESSICATHEBABE,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the Roku Community! 

Please be informed that I have forwarded your concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. 

I'll update this thread once the information in available.

Thanks

Anjelie.

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bamagravy
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. 3 TV's, 2 phones, 1 tablet, 1 Chromebook and 1 PC. 

Content on the Roku channel stopped about a week ago. I've tried everything suggested on support. Nothing has worked. 

0 Kudos
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

I am hearing from many sources that are having the same problem. Several have sent all required information for tech help, but no solutions offered by Roku.  Most do not get a service person reply.

This has made me conclude, that Roku is causing this problem,

0 Kudos
pst4rktv

I am having the same problem everyone else mentions.  I press play on a particular show on the Roku Channel & the page just refreshes & doesn't play the show.  I have the same problem on 2 TV sets.  On my phone & tablet they will not play either, it says "something went wrong during playback, please try again later". Other streaming apps work fine.

I disconnected my phone from wifi & tried it on Verizon internet & it works.  So I think the problem is some type of communication between my internet provider & Roku. I've tried everything on my end, removing channels, rebooting router...

Below is the info added for using my main TV. 

Device model WR50UX4019

Hardware ID C803X

Serial numb X000006WAEDR

Device ID S06TC08WAEDR

Software version 12.0.0 build 4182-CN

Roku channel version 9.3 build 10

Tracker ID issued ID DR-278-715

I am in Murphy, NC & use Blue Ridge Mountain EMC for my internet.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pst4rktv,

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand there's been an issue when watching content within The Roku Channel. Please be advised that we have passed along your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team. They will investigate this issue further, and we'll update the Community once more information is available.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos