Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doomsayr
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku channel refuses to play shows

Let's be real here. You guys at Roku are doing nothing to fix this. IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR 3 YEARS FOR SOME PEOPLE AND YOU KEEP GIVING THE SAME LAME ASS COPY PASTE EXCUSES. 

Shove it Roku.

MysticRainbow
Reel Rookie

Re: Nothing on the Roku channel will play

Just bought a new ROKU and the ROKU channel works flawlessly... so the issues with the channel not working on old devices is most likely a software issue. Please check into this as I have 2 other devices that I can not use to access the ROKU channel.

HilPSU

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Same problem for weeks as everyone else. 

Model:  3941X-Roku Express 4K+

SN: X01600V10EGS

Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4184-CR

Device ID: S07P42810EGS

Roku channel, Paramount+ subscription, and Showtime subscription through Roku channel - will let me open channel but no shows (tv or movie) will play.  I'm paying for a subscription that I cannot use. 

Tried all of the fixes in the thread...unplug device, could not uninstall channel (no option listed), factory reset, etc.  Have wasted hours and no fix for weeks. 

Tracker ID:  the process of home x5 and backx5 did not produce a tracker id as advised.

rmdeanElkhart
Reel Rookie

Roku channel won’t play anything

I’ve tried all the fixes listed. Remove reboot and readd. Attached is the bug report recommended as well. This only effect the roku and roku live channels. All other free and subscriptions are working fine. 

Issue report tracker

Model: 3940RW - Roku Express 4K

Serial number: X016001XVAXP (S07R224XVAXP)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-CR

GC version: 9.4.20

Timestamp: 2023-07-06 T02:05:00Z

Please use issue ID XP-267-965 to report the current issue.

FGT61

Re: Roku channel won’t play anything

Works on Desktop but not any of my home ROKU devices. Very frustrating! Tried all of the suggested "fixes" and no change. Second time this happened in last two months. 

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@FGT61 

This used to happen to me occasionally. I'd go to play something and it bounce back out to the show's page. I changed my DSN servers to Cloudflare's (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1). Since then no problems. There are many free public DNS servers. I found some at:

https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062

You can try any of these, if you like and see what happens. There's even some instructions for doing it, if you are not sure. Who knows? might help you also.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding issues playing content on The Roku Channel.

If you have recently provided us with your device information, we have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Danny - 

My ROKU stopped working for SEVEN weeks.  Came back and worked for a week. And then stopped again and hasn't worked for over another week now.

Nobody will answer my posts on here, nobody will answer my messages.

All three of our ROKU TVs were purchased partially because of the ROKU app/channel. Now it doesn't work on any of our three TVS. One that is in a complete different house than our two main ones. 

How can it go from working....to not working....to working....to not working?

SierraGray
Binge Watcher

I have been having the same problem, no Roko programming will play on any device. All other programing work as expected. Not going to expect a resolve from Roko.

DoofyMusic
Channel Surfer

Looks like the Roku TV app is working for me again after who knows how many weeks? I don't have high hopes that this will last.