Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SnoopDC
Reel Rookie

Roku channel refuses to play shows

The Roku channel will not play the selected movie/show. When I select the show I’d like to watch and press the play button, the screen flashes black and then comes back to the previous screen. All other apps work (Netlix, Max, Prime, etc). I see that this issue has been reported in the recent past and Roku says it’s fixed, but apparently it is an issue again. 

I use a Roku Ultra. The Roku channel worked fine on Monday and then did not work on Tuesday. 

Seal
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel refuses to play shows

We are having exact same issue. Is there a fix?

0 Kudos
SnoopDC
Reel Rookie

Not that I’m aware of. I was on with Roku technical support for 90 minutes troubleshooting last night and they couldn’t help. 

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @SnoopDC, @Seal,

Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback issues when accessing The Roku Channel.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve the issue affecting a subset of customers.

If you have not already, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing / behavior that you see with the channel
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SnoopDC
Reel Rookie

Model 4670X - Roku Ultra

YJ0060806840

12.0.0 build 4184-46

KW9996806840

channel version 9.3 build 10

tracker ID 40-257-707

navigate to app. Open app. Select program. Press OK on remote to begin episode, screen flashes black and I return to episode screen. 

I’m in North America in New York State and my ISP is Greenlight Network 

0 Kudos
Seal
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the follow up.  Checked the Roku app this morning and it’s working now.  Didn’t work for about 3 days, but good to go now, so Roku must have figured it out, since it wasn’t anything new I did in my end.  

0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Re: Playback issues with The Roku Channel

UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

After SEVEN weeks of ROKU not working, the app started working! For ONE WEEK.  Went to bed last night and guess what? Doesn't work again.  This is insane.

7 consecutive weeks of ROKU not working

Worked for ONE week.

Now not working again. I don't understand this.  How can it stop working, then work for a week, then stop working again?

0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Mine stopped working for over 7 weeks. Then worked for a week. And now has stopped working again.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
TJHeisman

Same Problem.  Tried device reset, channel removal, updated everything and nothing works.

0 Kudos
TJHeisman

20230702_205934.jpg

0 Kudos