Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Playback issues with The Roku Channel

Hi Roku Community!

Thanks for the posts regarding having channel playback issues when try to access The Roku Channel.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve the issue affecting a subset of customers.

If you have not already, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing / behavior that you are seeing with the channel
  • Your location
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will make sure to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Danny 

I've been without ROKU on our three TVs for more than 7 weeks.

I've supplied all the requested information in this topic. I've sent it to other ROKU techs. I've sent it to Twitter ROKU help page. All I ever get is the standard "thank you for your patience, we are working on it. Have you tried updating?"

Seven weeks it has not worked.  

58R6+. Hi sense model C232x - hardware Serial x001007ryroe Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-94 Device ID s01mh19ryroe ROKU Version 8.0 build 72 IE oe-162-351 

Net1 Connect is the internet provider.  https://net1connect.solutions

Moody Texas

Not a VPN

Model: 7141X - Roku TV

Serial number: YN00EM967468 (NM991E967468)

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-30

Timestamp: 2023-05-17T18:59:08Z

Please use issue ID 68-196-979 to report the current issue

0 Kudos
DoofyMusic
Channel Surfer

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Still nothing, but you guys have definitely collected enough user info. Interesting and pointless. 

Doomsayr
Binge Watcher

Re: The Roku channel will not play movies!

That's the same copy and paste response we've been getting for 2 years and were sick of it! Fix the **bleep** issue!

0 Kudos
DoofyMusic
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku channel will not play movies!

I'm not convinced the so-called employees on here are actual employees.

I am convinced that someone or multiple someones are collecting people's info when they post their public IP. I don't think those someones are actually affiliated with Roku.

I really like my TCL TV but I'll never buy a standalone Roku product due to this issue. It's clear they can screw stuff up and not even have the know-how to fix a longstanding issue.

JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

AFTER SEVEN WEEKS OF NO ROKU ON OUR THREE TVS................

We are now back in business!!! Woke up this morning and all three ROKU apps are 100% working with no issues.

THANK YOU ROKU STAFF for fixing the issue. 

0 Kudos
DoofyMusic
Channel Surfer

Can't say the same. TV is up to date. Turned it off and on again. Still not working. Nice to see it working for some people, however.

That said, while I love my TCL TV in general, I won't be buying standalone Roku products based on this nonsense. Firesticks and AppleTV only as far as external devices go. Sorry.

roku channel will not load content.

roku channel will not work on roku streaming stick! when i press play screen goes blank momentarily and then goes back to original screen, i am using a sharp television and a recently purchased a roku streaming stick, any ideas what is wrong?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: roku channel will not load content.

Hi Roku Community!

Thanks for the posts regarding having channel playback issues when try to access The Roku Channel.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve the issue affecting a subset of customers.

If you have not already, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing / behavior that you are seeing with the channel
  • Your location
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will make sure to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WarrenInAfrica
Channel Surfer

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Appears mass incompetence and desire by Roku to resolve an obvious Roku issue.

Obvious points:

1. Multiple people with identical problem at same time....

2. Multiple devices on premises with same problem

3. Only Roku channel not working hence negating connectivity and other alluded to by Roku problems

4. Problem been going on for years.....

Shame on you Roku for treating us clients like idiots

0 Kudos