Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kat911

Roku channel won’t play any show

My father’s Roku system is having the same problem.  All channels work (Prime, Discovery,  Fubo) except Roku channels.  When attempting to hit play on a Roku show, it doesn’t play but flashes the same screen without moving forward to play.  This has been going on for a few weeks.  We have rebooted system twice with no change.  Also changed batteries in the remote control.  Don’t know how to fix.

Kat Parker

jennybec

Re: Cannot play any Roku channels

Carly I too am having the same issue with my ROKU device following a recent software update. I can only play live TV on the ROKU Channel at this time. All other free channels will come up but will not play. The screen just reverts back to the same thing every time. I have tried all of the fixes I have read about such as removing the channel, re-starting the device, and re-installing the channel. I even did a factory reset with no results. Here is the information I have seen requested.    Device Model - 3940RW-Roku Express 4K         Serial # - X016008P8X8C        Device ID - S07R217P8X8C    Software OS Version - 12.0.0 build 4184-CR     Version 9.3 / build 10      Error tracking # - 8C-234-077   Please help.

Bill-S

Re: Roku channel won’t play any show

I’m having the same problem. I have four separate devices and none of them will run the roku app. Can anyone help us.

joeh68
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot play any Roku channels

Filed charge back against roku "for services not rendered". bought a fire stick. its working well. (so far).

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kat911,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • screenshot or video of the issue occurring (when possible)
  • Also your location and the Internet Service Provider.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Roku Channel won't work"

Hi @groceryman053,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku channels on your Roku device. It sounds like you've done some fantastic troubleshooting up to this point. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards, 

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BdorN60

The Roku Channel won't work

Rokh channel comes up but if you try to stream it does nothing. Thus is on device, tv or android  what's up Roku it's been like this for a very long time are you that disconnected from your customers you hVe no clue?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BdorN60,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've run into with The Roku Channel. We would be more than happy to look further into this. Kindly provide us with the following information:

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
groceryman053
Reel Rookie

Kat, mine started working again o Tuesday, hope your father's does too

0 Kudos
groceryman053
Reel Rookie

Hi John, everything seemed to be working fine last evening.  Thanks for responding. 

0 Kudos