Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeh68
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU Channel does not work May 27. 2023

I would like a refund on the this old house premium channel I just paid for. How do I go about getting that, beside calling my card company?

If its not going to work, give me my money back.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Nothing on the Roku channel will play

Hi @nannetteg66

Welcome and thank you for posing here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching us regarding your issues with accessing The Roku Channel. We hear you and we're here to assist you with this.

Kindly give us the following details below so that we can pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation:

• Roku device mode, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • Your current location.

We're looking forward for your response. Thank you!

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
adhowa52

Are there any updates on this issue? It has been over a week and we have not been able to watch any content connected to the Roku channel app on any device or web browser. 

This also goes for any premium subscription content such as Hallmark Movies Now and Up Faith& Family. 

Please advise with any updates.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @lwnorman12 and @joeh68,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching us. We would absolutely be happy to assist you regarding the issues you have encountered, and we'd like to know more about how we can help. Kindly provide the following information:

• What specific issue are you running into, and when did this issue occur?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on The Roku Channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Looking forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
adhowa52

Roku ultra 4660RW

Serial number YJ00HS424160(CS487H424160)

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-46

GC version: 9.3.42

Timestamp: 2023-06-05 T22:31:23Z

Issue ID 60-224-551

Click play on movie and cycles back to info screen for the movie.

Currently been experiencing same issue on all devices and web browsers for any Roku channel content 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @adhowa52,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that we have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available. Just an additional information that would be useful for us to look better into the issue:

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
5280dittmers
Reel Rookie

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

After this much time, you have to wonder if Roku is really listening or if their technology architecture is so screwed up they can't diagnose the problem. As a software engineer the thought that a firmware push breaks something and I don't know why is simply...well it doesn't add up. At a minimum push back the older firmware.

I'm leaving Roku behind at this point. Can't be trusted to deliver quality service. 

AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

I am still not getting anywhere with ROKU support and thought I'd update my post this here to see if anyone has a suggestion.
It occurs only on Roku Channel, all others (Paramount, Peacock, Prime and others) work fine. I have uninstalled Roku Channel, rebooted and reinstalled Roku Channel with no change in symptoms. It is powered via power strip, not the TV. Restarting the router/modem does nothing. Factory resetting does nothing. Uninstalling Roku Channel, restarting, then reinstalling does nothing. All suggested fixes do not help playback for the Roku Channel. Every other channel works perfectly fine without any issues.
My provider is Starlink satellite but trying a landline ISP did not change symptoms.
As per Roku suggestion I tried a different ISP without VPN and still not streaming movies or series from Roku Channel.
A select few live TV channels within the Roku channel will play but that's it, not a single TV series or movie will play.
I have been dealing with multiple Roku weenies for 4 months and all I get is "Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated
BTW, there are many other Roku users with the same complaint. So what do Paramount, Peacock, Prime and others do differently than Roku? Or do they just have more competent user support?

AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Re: Nothing on the Roku channel will play

Asking for all this information, which I and many others have provided you, would be a good help I'm sure but then I NEVER see any messages here thanking Roku for solving their problem. So it looks to me that you gather all the information just to make users think you are trying to solve their issues but then all that just falls into a black hole and nothing is resolved. If that is not the case, why does no one post a thank you to the Roku tech support? Suspicious don't you think? 

groceryman053
Reel Rookie

"Roku Channel won't work"

When I try to play a program on the Roku Channel it does nothing. I even bought a new Roku express. I deleted the Roku channel then rebooted device, then added back the Roku Channel,  same thing. All other channels work just fine.