Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 012-1206-403

Jump to solution

I am trying to watch the ABC app and I keep getting a screen that says:

Needs to be Authenticated Code: 012-1206-403  

I have deleted the abc app and reinstalled it and I still cannot get the app to work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Code 012-1206-403

Jump to solution

@Lorisinacori 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that ABC is considered an authenticated channel and will required a TV or cable subscription for full access to the channel.

If you have already authenticated the channel and are still experiencing the issue, we would recommend reaching out to ABC support for further assistance. You can reach them here: https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us

Thank,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lorisinacori 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that ABC is considered an authenticated channel and will required a TV or cable subscription for full access to the channel.

If you have already authenticated the channel and are still experiencing the issue, we would recommend reaching out to ABC support for further assistance. You can reach them here: https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us

Thank,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tclah918

Re: Code 012-1206-403

Jump to solution

I kept getting same code for a couple channels and couldn't get a answer so started with unplugging roku then checking connection unloading app and reloading it. None of that helped. I logged out off app then relogged in with activation code. That worked.. 

Hope it works for you

pfa0961

Jump to solution

I removed the ABC app from my Roku TV, then added the channel back.  I'm trying to sign back into ABC.com from my Roku, but when I get the 3 step process to login to ABC account, I am given 5 letters.  I use those letters to sign into ABC from my desktop computer and it's authenticated there and my desktop shows I'm logged into ABC on my TV.  So I try to watch the episode again and it's still giving me that message with that code.

I've called ABC and my cable provider - Ziply!  Still not sure what else to do.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pfa0961

Thanks for the post.

Please make sure when removing a channel, that you restart your device before adding the channel back again and authenticating the channel.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
spadulsky

I keep getting this Code 012-1206-403 when trying to watch ABC. All other networks coming in fine. ?

Jump to solution

Code: 012-1206-408

with this also: Internet Connection Error, No internet connection detected. Please check your connection and try again. HOWEVER, all other channles working just fine. ABC is not, I've been trying everything for over 2 hours now. It clearly is not an internet connection, as ALL channels are working except ABC. Who should I contact? ABC has been working fine for the last several weeks since we've had this new TV. Any help? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I keep getting this Code 012-1206-403 when trying to watch ABC. All other networks coming in ...

Jump to solution

Hi @spadulsky,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

You can reach them here: https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
shreeree

Jump to solution

If you see this code remove the channel.  Go to ADD Channel on your Roku.  Search the channel and add it back.  Go through the sign-in activate process usually through a code on the website of the program. The link to your service provider in some cases unless it's a channel you're paying for or have to pay for to activate.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just want to watch the View

0 Kudos
doseas

Jump to solution

I was able to solve issue simply by signing the application out of my TV service provider, then re-authenticating -- no need to remove the channel.

0 Kudos