Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I want closed captions gone. On Ruku tv says off but

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Cher4!

We appreciate you reaching out and raising your concern here with us. 

Since your concern about the closed captions is within the inside of the app, we highly recommend contacting their Customer Support regarding this matter for further clarification and assistance. Please be aware that they are the ones who created, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform and we don't have access to their features. You can also contact their direct number at 1 (800) 485-4350

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deborah14

Re: Unable to set closed captions

Jump to solution

I can get closed captions when I watch ROKU on my TV, and have always been able to get captions as well when I watch online on my Ipad.  But ROKU recently changed the captions setting on the online version -- it no longer gives a way to turn captions on, even if overall in the system I have captions "always on."  PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET CAPTIONS WHEN I WATCH ROKU TV ON MY IPAD!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to set closed captions

Jump to solution

Hi, @Deborah14

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us, and we'd like to know more about this. Could you please confirm if you're accessing this content with The Roku Channel? Also, is this happening to specific content? Further, what settings navigation have you attempted as a way to enable closed captions?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ddk
Reel Rookie

Re: Closed Captions get turned off

Jump to solution

I had the same thing did the reset updates multiple times and did everything else suggested, someone emailed me to check in and I replied but they never replied. We then ordered a new roku device and same thing happened closed captioning doesn’t work and a couple other things stopped working, NO it’s not the app it’s the roku, there is a programming problem and Roku is not fixing it.  We are returning the Roku researching other streaming devices like NVidia has best reviews on consumer reports more expensive but reviews are very good.

LizMo8

Jump to solution

Just came to find a solution and there is none. Can this Roku Premier be replaced? Can you send an older model? What’s being done to fix this model? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LizMo8,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We want to further investigate this problem and gather more information. Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos