Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SusanF
Level 8

Classic Reel asking for renewal of subscription

Jump to solution

Classic Reel would not run today (Nov 05/21), states I have to renew my subscription, which I did, message stated that it was renewed, however the same message still shows and the channel will not run..  not a very happy camper.....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SusanF
Level 8

Re: Classic Reel asking for renewal of subscription

Jump to solution

I had to remove the channel and re-add, therefore re-subscribe, worked and now paying more ugh!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SusanF 

From a quick search of the forums, does seem like Classic Reels experiences some issue now and then.  Unfortunately, I don't any contact info for this Channel as is the normal course of action when experiencing an issue with a Channel.  

I would try doing a manual System Update.  (Settings...System...System Update) followed by a System Restart. (Settings..System..System Restart).

The other normal recommended action is to Uninstall Channel, perform System Restart, and then Reinstall Channel.

Unfortunately, these are the only options for the end user.

If this doesn't work, may just have to try the Channel again later.  If issue persists, then post back again with an update.

Have you tried the other free alternatives (Classic Movie Vault and Classic Movies and TV) to see if fits needs?  Not a big classics buff, so not sure if comparable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
MikeinWid
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here... Nostalgia USA channel as well..... the only way I found to regain the channels is to delete/unsubscribe and then subscribe again from the Roku Channel Store. I note that I had a subscription for a year for the Nostalgia USA Prime channel that had renewed in July for a year at $9.99. They appear to have changed their subscription to a 1.99 monthly.... so you get screwed out of your existing subscription to a more expensive one. It appears that Classic Reel pulled the same shenanigans... upping their subscription to $2.99 per month from $1.99 per month I was paying.  Again they apparently can change subscription terms at will and your recourse is to pay again on the new agreement to watch.

These outfits have no way to contact them about this issue.  There is no contact information, and what you do find either is no longer correct or unmonitored.  You'd think Roku would boot these types of scam operators. Too bad because they do have good content, just suspicious business ethics.

Mike in Wis

0 Kudos
Larueq
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's account information and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SusanF
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had to remove the channel and re-add, therefore re-subscribe, worked and now paying more ugh!!

0 Kudos