Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaraBethP

Channels purchased via Roku- How do you login to them outside of ROKU/

Jump to solution

We purchased Peacock via our Roku device. Is there a way to access that channel outside of ROKU? We also purchased Acorn and I can login to it on my ipad, but haven't found a way to do that with Peacock. Thanks for your thoughts!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels purchased via Roku- How do you login to them outside of ROKU/

Jump to solution

No, providers subscribed to through Roku can only be accessed on Roku devices. If you want generic access to other providers, you need to subscribe directly with the provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No, providers subscribed to through Roku can only be accessed on Roku devices. If you want generic access to other providers, you need to subscribe directly with the provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Jump to solution

I encountered the same problem. I purchased ALLBLK channel on my Roku device and thought I could put it on my brother's Roku. I couldn't. The only option was to sign in via guest mode, which would sign my brother out of all of his channels. So I canceled the subscription. It expires 9/28/22 and I will then go to ALLBLK.TV, sign up directly, and have access to the channel on any Roku, Firestick, or Android device I choose to watch it on. It's the reason I now would ONLY purchase channels via Roku or Prime Video to take advantage of low, temporary subscription rates. After that period is over, I subscribe directly from the perspective company. I'll still unsubscribe from the company occasionally to avail myself of a lower temporary rate because the company will then offer a low temporary rate to lure you back. I've been doing this with Starz for years. Typically I only have to use a different email address to sign up. They don't even seem to care that I use the same payment method as long as it's with a different email account. 

0 Kudos