Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cesar0076

Channels not available in Dominican Republic

Hi, I live in the Dominican Republic and the Roku Channel doesn't work, when I hit play it stays loading forever. Is there a solution or is it impossible to see it in my country?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channels not available in Dominican Republic

Hi @Cesar0076,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Currently, Roku players aren't officially promoted or sold in that country as of yet, but your Roku player ought to function properly everywhere. You can rely on Netflix and YouTube to function almost anywhere; however, certain channels, such as the Roku Channel, might not function there due to geo-restrictions. Also, please be advised that the Roku Mobile app may not be accessible in your area either.

We appreciate your attention and look forward to shortly expanding.
Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels not available in Dominican Republic

Per Roku article "How to get The Roku® Channel":

Free, ad-supported content on The Roku Channel is only available on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos