Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irvingh30

Channels not available in Dominican Republic

After checking a lot posts here about channels not available in Dominican Republic it's more than obvious that Roku is not interested in solving the problem of channels not available in certain regions.

Android TV devices do have Disney+, Amazon Prime and a whole lot of other channels in Dominican Republic that are just not available in Roku for some Uknown reason (I'd love to have a real explanation about this)

So, it seems that the only move, and best option would be to just discard my Roku device and get an Android TV. All these channels will work on it and I'll get rid of this device with limited support.

Roku Employees, please (by all means) refrain from just answering with the usual script, this rant is from a customer who has used a TCL Roku TV for over a year and has seen this ongoing problem since started using the device. I don't want to know about how the availability is restricted or limited, I'd like to see a solution, if you do not have a solution DON'T EFFING WASTE A SINGLE SECOND REPLYING TO THIS POST, or I swear to God I'll post this every single where I can to show how you just DON'T CARE about customers outside the US.

See how that goes when you start receiving bad publicity.

5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels not available in Dominican Republic

@irvingh30 

You said you didn't want Roku responding. Well, I don't work for Roku. Never have. So...

Roku is supported in:

United States
Canada
France
Germany
United Kingdom
Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Peru

Anywhere else, Roku isn't supported.

Roku does not prevent apps from working outside those areas, though. But, Roku does allow app developers to determine where the apps are supported. Many, including Disney and Amazon, choose to not support their apps outside of area where Roku itself is supported. So, Disney and Amazon made the choice to not support Roku apps there. They could just as easily decided to support their apps there, just as Netflix did. (I think Netflix still supports Roku apps in DR.)

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

I bought 2 Roku streaming 4 K + for use in some rental property here in the Dominican Republic .  Absolutely does not work, have had several smart folks helping me and nada, nothing, zilch .  I did read use a VPN but then the next post was;  thats a scam, VPN wont work..:o(   So i guess I am stuck with 2 ROKUS .  Maybe I can go to American Express and dispute the charge... I did not see any warning it would not work outside the USA 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@duaneschumacher 

Just to clarify, you're saying the services don't support their apps there. Roku isn't supported there. By "doesn't work" you're saying that the device works/operates, but content available is very limited.

If you mean it actually won't come on, that it does not operate (regardless of limited content) then it's a defect, and you should return it to the seller (not Roku, they don't sell there, remember) for a refund.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Merrrdoc

What they're trying to say is everything's downloaded you can see the movies but when you hit play it just flops back over to the same page it does not play the movies

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Merrrdoc,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you trying to load this content from? Where are you currently located?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos