Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobynV
Reel Rookie

Channel numbers missing in Roku Live TV

Jump to solution

The other day I noticed the channel numbers were missing from Roku live tv. I searched this problem and found this had happened back in Oct 2023 and Dec 2023 and Roku supposedly brought the channel numbers back, so why am I experiencing this now. I did a system reboot and checked to ensure I had the latest software update but this didn't bring the channel numbers back. Anyone have an idea on how I can get the numbers back? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: missing channel numbers recently

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We look forward to your thoughts and experiences with the new Live TV Guide. Your feedback helps us with our continuous improvement.

If you're inquiring about the channel number setting in the Live TV Guide, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Channel logos in your Live TV guide.
  2. Press the * button to open the Channel Options menu.
  3. Select the "Sort channel list" setting.
  4. Choose between "As recommended by Roku" and "By Channel Number".
  5. Select your preferred option to apply the changes.

By default, this setting is "As recommended by Roku," which removes channel numbers from the Guide display. If you prefer a sequential order that displays channel numbers, select "By Channel Number".

We hope you find this information helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
BongoMike
Binge Watcher

Channels are no longer in numerical order. They are in a random order.

Jump to solution

I just started having this same problem on both my roku smart tv's and Yes im on ALL CHANNELS. The ota channels are in correct order, but then starting with the streaming channels it starts with ch 254 whereas it should start with ch 115, then it's in random order after that. I dont know how but you did it again Roku(please fix this asap)-so Frustrating...

0 Kudos
BP62

Re: Channels are no longer in numerical order. They are in a random order.

Jump to solution

This did not fix the issue. Channels still in random order

0 Kudos
Kcarbine
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried resetting tv, channels still in random order. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
nettielou

Jump to solution

Mine have been this way for about a week now! This morning they were back to normal, but now they are messed up again. It's just with the streaming channels. Very frustrating!!!

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

Yep, mine just vanished yesterday! Whaaat??  Why are they missing, again? 

0 Kudos
Charlyn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing works cant find my tv input either. This is irritating

0 Kudos
ORBeth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine have been missing since this morning -- here we go again?!?  Can't imagine what they're thinking.... 😳

0 Kudos
FFSSBB

Roku channel numbers disappeared again

Jump to solution

Last year, the numbers associated with the Roku channels all of a sudden disappeared- so many people complained that Roku quickly put the numbers back. They have now all disappeared AGAIN - I can no longer find channels I used to watch because I knew them by number, not by channel name or category. This is a terrible and unorganized viewing experience! Why were the numbers removed AGAIN?! Please put them back!

Docsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am still seeing the channel numbers on all my devices. 

However, the change I am seeing has to do with channel order because Roku slipped in a sort function for recommended by Roku and numerical order with the default being recommended which makes the channel lineup look jumbled. Fortunately, it's a simple matter to go one spot over in the channel guide from programming to any channel name, press * on the remote and select Sort from the popup menu to set the sort to numerical order.

We know that Roku periodically does testing like this so it's possible that they've both removed channel numbers for some while adding the sort function for others. In either case, my recommendation still stands from the last channel number fiasco where they removed them for everyone: 

Make favorites for the channels you regularly watch. 

If the channel numbers disappear again, you'll still have the channels you like where you can easily find them. If they decide that the order should be recommended only instead of numerical---which at that point would mean they'd remove the channel numbers because what good would they be out of order---you'll still have the channels you like where you can easily find them

I have no inside knowledge, but I continue to believe at some point they're going to get rid of the channel numbers permanently. I base that on almost no one else having channel numbers, the extra maintenance I expect they have to do to keep the numbers, and that they keep messing with them which seems like a pretty good indicator they aren't here for good.