Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayman151
Reel Rookie

Channel access Inquiry | Britbox

I move this app to the top of the list so my elderly father can find it easily (he doesn't know voice commands). Every time he tries to find it, and then calls me to help, it's been banished to the bottom of the list. On every single roku device in my house, BritBox gets dropped to the bottom. I've tried to show him to go up, but he barely understands.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's not normal.  Is someone removing it and then re-adding it to any Roku device linked to that Roku account?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes

@Jayman151 wrote:

I move this app to the top of the list so my elderly father can find it easily (he doesn't know voice commands). Every time he tries to find it, and then calls me to help, it's been banished to the bottom of the list. On every single roku device in my house, BritBox gets dropped to the bottom. I've tried to show him to go up, but he barely understands.

@renojim wrote:

That's not normal. Is someone removing it and then re-adding it to any Roku device linked to that Roku account?

Yes, @renojim is absolutely right. That is what would happen if someone is doing that. All apps, when added or re-added, are added to the end of the list.

Keep in mind that any Roku device on the same Roku account will have the same app library. That means if anyone removes it from any Roku device on that account, it comes off every Roku device on that account. If his Roku is on your account, you may want to ensure others aren't removing apps they don't care about. If that's what's going on, you could put him on his own Roku account. Then only he can add or remove apps. Unless you also add a PIN, in which case he could remove, but not add.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Jayman151
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel access Inquiry | Britbox

I went through these steps:

Removed BB, rebooted all devices twice, reinstalled from my dad's tv. App showed up, I moved it and opened it on each device. I had noticed that when I rebooted my 4k it happened, so I resolved to not reboot it. After nearly 48 hours and no reboot, Disney+ shows up at the bottom of my 4k device. I check the other devices, no Disney. I removed it. No apparent issues. Hours later, BB is on the bottom of my 4k. Has not moved on my other devices. Still have NOT rebooted the 4k yet.

0 Kudos
renojim

Check your account at https://my.roku.com for linked devices.  Are there any that you don't recognize?  The list shows the serial numbers that are shown under Settings->System->About and not the serial numbers on the devices themselves because... Roku.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jayman151
Reel Rookie

When I first installed BB, it was from the 4k, and it affected every device. This time it was installed from a different device. 4k rebooted and the other devices did NOT move BB, only my 4k did. So I have a glitchy 4k device, which is ok, since it doesn't affect the devices my dad uses anymore, I can live with it. The 4k is in my bedroom and I don't watch BB. Didn't solve the issue, but found a workaround. Thanks for the input! 

0 Kudos