Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talie175
Level 7

Channel Store - cannot connect

Was experiencing the issue where lots of apps would send me back to the home screen after flashing an error that it couldn't connect and to check the network. Can still stream videos on phones an pc's and do everything else online, so network itself isn't the issue. Issue started a month ago with just a few channels, but got around it by finding them within the Roku Channel itself which worked fine. However, a few days ago, All channels started having this issue, even the Roku Channel. Used the following troubleshooting steps, and now have nothing but an empty home screen and the option to turn off the tv.

- Star button > Check for updates or issues found on individual channels - none

- Remove and reinstall the channels - no change.

- Settings > System > System update > Check now – says Roku is up to date.

- Restart Roku (through settings menu) – no change.

- Settings > Connectivity > Check network connection – no issues found.

- Restarted network - ips's router first, followed by each device separately (even tried with everything turned off except router, Roku and tv).

- Settings > Connectivity > Reset network – everything said it was successful - no change between wifi or wired connection.

- Check with channel developer – No apparent issues

- Reset Roku to factory settings from menu – No issues during setup and login to my account was successful. Selected the channels I wanted from the list provided in the email and it said it was successful

After the setup finished (it's now been 48hrs+), I have only 3 options appearing on screen and no channels: Home, Streaming Channels, and Settings.

- When choosing 'streaming channels', it says it's not available and to try later. When you check the network connection, it passes it's test and says everything is good. When checking Roku's website and forums, appears everything is running fine and don't see anyone else having this issue with connectivity or channel store issues.

- Roku android app on phone shows channels, and it appeared to connect with the Roku device on the network. When attempting to add or remove a channel, the app becomes non responsive – happens with 2 devices with android 7 and 11. Now android closes app due to it being unresponsive.

I wouldn't say I'm techsavy anymore, as kids know a lot more than I do, but I am aware of the basics.  Please help and let me know if I've missed any steps.  Or, would you say that my device has died and needs to go to recycled heaven.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel Store - cannot connect

The only thing I can suggest is to take the device somewhere else to connect to a different network or use your phone's hotspot and connect to that to see what happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dqb423
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue and I completed almost every step that you did but my apps eventually appeared. Hulu, Starz, and Disney Plus apps will not play on my Roku Tv. I called Hulu and they were trying to blame internet, I reset my router and Hulu still isn’t working. We have 1 roku tv and 3 roku sticks and the roku tv is the only one experiencing problems. 

0 Kudos
Dqb423
Level 7

@renojim wrote:

The only thing I can suggest is to take the device somewhere else to connect to a different network or use your phone's hotspot and connect to that to see what happens.

Wowwwww, I did exactly what you said, connected to my hot spot and I can log in and watch hulu. Now I need to call my internet provider

0 Kudos
talie175
Level 7

Thanks.  I was setting up a hotspot with my cell, and when I turned on the Roku device (before I could connect to the phone), all the old channels appeared (3days for 9 channels to show up is a ridiculous wait time) and could access the channel store without the error at the time.  I have yet to test all the apps - I've been a little busy, but will test them all tomorrow.

@renojim wrote:

0 Kudos