Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harhap
Reel Rookie

Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

These new channel sizes are way too small. I cannot find anywhere in the settings to change this. I attempted to speak to a support technician and failed to get any adequate feedback. Does ANYONE know how to get the channel sizes back to their original size or are we now stuck with these smaller, more difficult to read sizes from now on? ANY guidance would be greatly appreciated.

113 REPLIES 113
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

Hi @harhap,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you suddenly see some changes on your home screen interface. Please be advised that this is the new interface; however, currently we're collecting feedback about it. As of the moment, we don't have any option to revert and have it on a 3x3 setup. But I'll make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate Roku team for further review.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
slmjcraft

I'm not very happy about the icon change either. It's very frustrating when Roku makes changes to our TV without an option for the customers to change it back. It's horrible now.

Wandab

I agree with everyone..ridiculous not to give options to everyone, not everyone has huge tv’s and uses tons of channels..the ad takes up most of the screen and trust me it won’t influence me..way to ask and care about what your customers, who spend all kinds of money on your products, want. Think I’ll go back to cable.

Moglor

Where can I submit feedback about this. Absolutely hate the smaller icons and also the inputs being hidden inside another menu.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your sharing your thoughts and value your feedback as our valued customer. We want to raise this one for further review. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
DeeT58

Came on here to try and find a solution to this problem for our Roku. My parents use it mostly and their eyesight is not the best, assumed there was a way to fix it back to the larger display. Very dissatisfied to hear this is not an option. Hope they fix this because this is a problem, not a feature for us right now

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DeeT58,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention here in the Roku Community!

Since we have an update on the system, this feature was a built-in feature on Roku devices for new updates. The customers demanded this feature from the previous year and since then. This feature has been an issue for other customers like you. We do apologize for the experience. We'll take this feedback and raise this concern with the developer for documentation.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

This sucks!  If I wanted to change my Home Screen Icons to 4 in a row, I'd do it myself...and I have a Recently Watched row at the Top above the Home screen...what's with that????  When do we get to control our ROKU screen?  Add me to the Disgruntled Users list.  

Any chance it will ever go back to the old screen???

AM1961
Reel Rookie

I am over 60 years old I am have a very hard time with the new Icon size. My tv in the living room is hard. The TV in my bedroom is smaller an its impossible for me to see it. I hope you change this. I have purchased 2 Roku TVs because I thought they were the best.