Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRROY
Binge Watcher

Channel Guide only says 'No Information'. No programming is displayed - revisited

Here we go again.  This morning the Channel Guide on all my TV's display 'No Information'.  

It's been 5 months since I originally posted this issue and at the time found at least on my TV's that if I unchecked 'Hide streaming channels' the guide would re-appear.  After a few weeks I found the channels displayed properly whether I checked or uncheck that option.  I know there are others where this did not fix the issue but it worked for me.

But now, the channel guide isn't working on all my TV's no matter what I do with that option. It just started this morning but I did see something odd on one of my TV's last evening.

I tried all the regular things to try to resolve this and they didn't work.  But you know what, I shouldn't have to. This is a Roku issue and someone at Roku did something.

Will someone at Roku please fix this again????

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Bene
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel Guide only says 'No Information'. No programming is displayed - revisited

Same thing here. Do roku employees use roku? Can't they see the problem? I'm tired of being their Beta **bleep**. Worst platform...ever.

0 Kudos
Blizzard

Re: Channel Guide only says 'No Information'. No programming is displayed - revisited

Same problem in Buffalo.  The guide went out around 9pm last night and hasn't returned.

As of 11:52am the guide has returned.  

0 Kudos
RRROY
Binge Watcher

I have noticed something since my post.  Every time I select a sub-channel (i.e 35.2) all of the sub-channels for that channels eventually populate the guide information.  In other words, 35.1, 35.2, 35,3, 35.4,  etc. will show the correct information.  And so far, the information has stayed.  

So, if I go to at least one sub-channel for each channel the guide eventually fills in and has remained.  I've turned the TV off for a few hours and when I returned the guide was still there. I don't know how long this will hold though.

0 Kudos
RRROY
Binge Watcher

I was able to figure out what caused the issue 

It seems I did make one change to Roku settings the other night. I noticed a new selection on the Home screen called 'ALL THINGS HOME'. I wanted to remove that so under 'Settings / Home Screen / All Things HOME' I selected 'Hide'. 

This morning I changed that back to 'Show' and my channel guide came back and is now working. Why should that cause a problem with the channel guide is beyond me.

Roku, please fix that.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you've encountered with the Live TV Channel Guide.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with the streaming service. We fully understand the importance of a smooth and uninterrupted streaming experience and are committed to resolving any issues that may arise. In order to provide you with the best possible assistance, we kindly request that you provide us with additional information regarding the issue you encountered.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team which will be working on the issue with investigation for a resolution.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos