Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel/App removal or uninstall

Jump to solution

How do you remove a channel when you use the star button and no remove channel comes up? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel/App removal or uninstall

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community, @Brianpowers0208!

We understand that you need help in removing a channel from your Roku device. You can use the Roku app on your phone to do this. However, please be advised that you may not be able to select the "Remove channel/app" option until your subscription expires.

For subscription channels and free trials, you will typically need to select "Manage Channels" and cancel the subscription before you can remove the channel/app from your Roku. On the other hand, for free channels/apps such as Roku Channel, Tubi, Pluto, etc., you can remove the channel/app using the asterisk * (options) button on your Roku remote.

If you have only removed a channel (free) and not your free trial or subscriptions, they will automatically renew unless you cancel them before the trial or subscription period ends. To cancel your subscriptions, visit your online dashboard/account at my.roku.com and look under your Subscriptions.

For more information, read about How to remove channels from your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you get a "Manage subscription" option instead of "Remove app", I've heard that you may be able to use the mobile app to remove it, but I've never tried it myself.  Keep in mind that removing an app doesn't stop/cancel any subscription you may have.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community, @Brianpowers0208!

We understand that you need help in removing a channel from your Roku device. You can use the Roku app on your phone to do this. However, please be advised that you may not be able to select the "Remove channel/app" option until your subscription expires.

For subscription channels and free trials, you will typically need to select "Manage Channels" and cancel the subscription before you can remove the channel/app from your Roku. On the other hand, for free channels/apps such as Roku Channel, Tubi, Pluto, etc., you can remove the channel/app using the asterisk * (options) button on your Roku remote.

If you have only removed a channel (free) and not your free trial or subscriptions, they will automatically renew unless you cancel them before the trial or subscription period ends. To cancel your subscriptions, visit your online dashboard/account at my.roku.com and look under your Subscriptions.

For more information, read about How to remove channels from your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mp007

Jump to solution

Unable to remove or reinstall Hulu, Paramount, Peacock.  Non of these are in Roku subscriptions. I was receiving all these until two days ago.  What is going on?  How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mp007,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you cannot remove or reinstall the channels, and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

We'd like you to know the following details and see how we can better isolate this.

• Do you have a subscription from the channel provider?
  • How long have you been experiencing this issue?
  • What Roku device do you have that has the issue?

In addition, we recommend you check the comments of @RokuJharra-Q in the above post.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Kind regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos