Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elrsmith

Channel 4 not working on Roku stick

I kept getting error 008 so I deleted Channel 4 from my homepage and redownloaded it, now getting error 010, can anyone advise how to fix please? Thanks in advance 😊 #roku #channel4

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel 4 not working on Roku stick

I assume you're in the UK.  Try removing it again, but before you add it make sure you restart your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power, as appropriate.  You might also want to restart all of your network equipment - gateway/modem/router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jonb
Reel Rookie

Lucky you.  I cannot find Channel 4, Channel 5, ITV X or UKTV play anywhere on this site. So I am unable to add any of these channels to my device.

A clue as to how to find and add these channels would be useful.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jonb,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your inquiry. You can add channels that are available on your region to your Roku device by navigating to the Home Screen and selecting Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store. If you don't find the channels you're looking for, it might be that the channel is not currently available in your region.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jonb
Reel Rookie

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  I've contacted Roku support and have not had a reply after 2 days.

I'm not impressed.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jonb,

We sincerely apologize for this experience. This is not what we aim for. Please allow us to help you here.

May we know if you are still experiencing issues with the abovementioned channels in your previous post? If so, kindly try to directly visit the Roku channel store by signing in to your Roku account here (note that you should sign in with the Roku account associated with the email address on your device). Once verified, if the channels are not available on the channel store website as well, it could be that the channels are no longer available or have been temporarily removed by the channel provider themselves. You can refer to @RokuTakashi's recent post.

Additionally, if you check out this support article, it has information as to why an app is no longer available on my Roku streaming device.

For further inquiries or clarifications, please keep us informed.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jonb
Reel Rookie

I have signed in on another browser - Edge - and still cannot find any of the following channels

BBC iPlayer

UKTV Play

My5

Channel 4

These are all UK TV companies, and I can find them on Roku using a search engine, but they disappear when I log into my account.

Time to return to using my Firestick, which does not have these issues..JB

0 Kudos