Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel 4 live not working Roku tv

Jump to solution

The channel 4 team said ‘it’s due to licensing agreements‘.

So it won’t be due to the processing power of the devices, it’s just legal issues they have.  You can still watch live channel 4 from say an iPad then airplay it to the tv, otherwise it’s freeview if you can get a signal lol.

0 Kudos
Darciep96
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Roy we don’t have an aerial in our house so we purely use the streaming apps and channels - bit frustrating as when I researched the tv the channel 4 live issue was never mentioned! Typical lol

0 Kudos
Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeh, we have a horrible signal now and again on freeview which is why we switched to Roku.

i have emailed the channel 4 team to ask them what devices are supported for live tv, I’ll post once I get a reply hopefully tomorrow.

Roy76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ok… got an email back from Channel 4 regarding the devices that are supported.

They’re refusing to answer & just giving a general answer that only certain devices support live tv.

0 Kudos
Paul69

Jump to solution

Channel 4 live on my sharp route tv not working 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Paul69,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting your inquiry here. In this matter, we recommend contacting the channel provider's customer support team directly for more details and information. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku, and they'll be able to supply you with the details you need.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I Don't use The Channel 4 App but was visiting my father and his TV hasn't got the Live TV option on his Roku TV (TCL) 

Would be interesting to know why these tvs seem to be last to get things channel 4 live used to work

0 Kudos