Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HatingVizio
Reel Rookie

Carefully Picking and Choosing Trial Subscriptions

I've learned to be really careful when it comes to signing for trial subscriptions, not only for Roku, but for all streaming channels.

Roku offered MGM+ and Starz. I said, "Sure," giving me a chance to see if it might replace my cancelling Netflix. No surprise that not only did both channels shared a number of films and shows, but you could also find those shows on other channels outside the Roku universe. Again, no surprise.

I've spent the last month trimming down my subscriptions to all these services promising so much and delivering so little. Here's what I've decided to keep:

Hulu/Paramount Plus

Peacock

VUDU/Fandango

along with a subscription to my public library, Kanopy and Amazon, a subscription that will expire in a few weeks (I only sign up for Amazon Prime when/if there is something I NEED to get in a few days, otherwise, I'm comfortable putting off my need for immediate gratification for items that RARELY arrive within its 2 day delivery claims.

I don't know how long this post will remain, but hopefully it will help those who have signed up for every subscription offered, and if you are signing up for a trial, spend that time making sure you won't be paying for shows that can be seen on most of the other channels you've already paid for.

I'm getting tired of being taken advantage of by these channels. Cheers to those who are feeling the same.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos