Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioshta
Binge Watcher

Re: Cannot watch anything on the roku channel. not on my computer, phone, or devices.

phone or computer. I know its related to something changed on there front part of it to the show itself and my router, I just do not know what changed on there system to correct it. and lo and behold no one from roku is responding.

0 Kudos
cgornowich
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot watch the roku channel. not on my computer, phone, or devices.

I'm having the exact same problem.  My Roku Ultra, FireTV and computer show errors when attempting to access only the ROKU Channel.  ALL other channels and apps work fine.  

If I disconnect my smart phone from my network and use the Hot Spot via cell service (not on my home network), to connect the ROKU Ultra to the internet, the ROKU Channel works fine.  

Clearly, there is an issue with my router or modem that is blocking only the ROKU channel.  Any idea what this could be?  

0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

It is something roku changed. without them giving me info I cannot fix it. I say this because I went from working just fine to needing to bypass the router that had not had any changes. But they went silent. As its very obviously not the device itself.

0 Kudos
cgornowich
Reel Rookie

So how do "we" get "them" who changed "the something" involved so that "they" can prepare and implement a solution?  

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

First try to figure out who “they” is. I think you probably have it narrowed down to the router, the ISP, or the DNS.  Of course, if you rent your router from your ISP, then it’s quite likely that all of those are the same.  It’s too bad that companies love those content-free “something went wrong” type error messages these days.  Maybe listing which ISP works and which doesn’t might be a first step.  Then we can see if there is commonality between those cases where it doesn’t work. Mentioning your router brand and model and whether you own it or rent it from the ISP might help as well.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

The they is roku, who isn't responding to anything. because if I bypass the router it works fine. but I made no changes to my router, so it would be roku who changed a setting. The router is owned by me not rented. and no updates occurred to the firmware. So while I would love to sort it out, that would take roku being willing to actually talk to a customer. which they aren't.

0 Kudos
cgornowich
Reel Rookie

The issue is that a week ago the ROKU channel was working fine on my network and then one day, it just stopped.  My ISP supplied the modem (fiber), and I installed my own router (a netgear product). Neither had a firmware upgrade in the past two weeks, so it must be something to do with the ROKU box.  And, other than the ROKU channel,  I can use my TV to stream everything else.  It just feels like the one reason I bought the ROKU for is what stopped working.   

I kinda feel like ROKU is just a scam.....

It's pretty clear no one here can help, so I'll just shut it down.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

I use it for connecting other things, like Disney plus, amazon, jellyfin so its worth it to me to still use it for that, and the other option is amazon... so out off the options for connecting my tv its the better one. but I cannot use roku channel itself. there are however plenty of other free steaming channel services. which is what I am doing now since roku won't respond to fix the issue, or really try to troubleshoot. cause its not a simple problem that the script they give will fix.

0 Kudos
DF-Glo
Reel Rookie

I also have the same problem.  ISP is GloFiber.  Roku channel was working a few weeks ago and now nothing.  Every other channel working.  Using a Mikrotik router using updated firmware.  I did notice something though.  On my router, it shows a different ip address from the public one that shows on "What's my IP".  Had Comcast before and never had a problem.

0 Kudos
ioshta
Binge Watcher

yeah but if I bypass my router it works. so its something between the router and roku. if I dmz myself it doesn't make a difference however.

And the support staff went silent when I wouldn't focus on the unit as its not really part of the issue.

0 Kudos