Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_213nassau
Reel Rookie

cannot renew OAN subscription via Roku

cannot renew OAN subscription via Roku - I've updated my card info - then go to OAN and 'purchase' renewed subscription - get an 'ok', go to OAN channel and still get 'channel inactive' message....and, can't even remove the channel via Roku - get 'remove channel failed' message....restarting Roku makes no difference..have checked card info several times via TV and on support.roku.com as well...

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: cannot renew OAN subscription via Roku

@_213nassau

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact OAN support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach OAN support here: https://www.oann.com/contact/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joozu6

Roku is playing games with OAN again. Probably a liberal tech person that works for them. Dowloaded and paid for, it still won't let me watch and is asking me if I want to purchase it. Same as others have stated over the years.

carolinarider
Binge Watcher

I had a similar issue.  OAN would not run on my device.  It was the day of my renewal.  Card was good but I changed it just to make sure.  Then I could not remove the OAN channel to try and re-start/re-install the channel.  Still won't let me remove the channel.  Sent many messages to OAN and no response.  So, I got KloudTV issue resolved.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@joozu6 

OAN has a Roku-only subscription available (on Roku, you must subscribe through Roku). I'm watching it right now. If you're having an issue, it's something that you need to seek help with, not complain about some mythical conspiracy.

OAN Encore is available free via The Roku Channel.

OAN is also available on Klowd TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
213nassau

I'd had the problem with OAN and Roku for some months, i.e., could not get on to OAN ('station inactive'), could not renew subscription and could not remove the channel on Roku. This was the case on my three TVs (all with different Roku units).  With the advice from some smartass at Roku (who was affronted by my use of upper case lettering), I did realize that I had, over time. established two separate roku accounts...on the three TVs on one account, I could not get OAN...however, on another remote - rarely used TV - I found that I could load OAN, pay for the subscription, and VIOLA!, view all the pretty news-bunnies again...Thanks to the folks at Roku, I cancelled the one account on the three TVs and 'rebooted' OAN on those TVs on the older account that had been earlier established on the 'remote' TV...So, I now have one 'old' account and have OAN on all four TVs....another point that may be significant or of interest...on the three TVs where I was previously unable to 'get' OAN, we'd, overtime, removed YoutubeTV, and once you do that, you were stuck with having to get youtubeTV via youtube on roku - pain in the ass - ...By renewing OAN on the 'old' TV (where we retained 'youtubeTV' on the desktop, we then got the 'youtubeTV' icon and OAN on the three TVs after we 'resubscribed' on the 'old' roku account....suggest if you have a problem, contact roku by phone. The folks there were very helpful ,and very knowledgeable.

Lisaky
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot load OANN remove channel not there

*key does not show remove channel on oan app, why does this happen?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot load OANN remove channel not there

@Lisaky 

As a general rule, subscription channels will require that you cancel (unsubscribe) from the service subscription before being able to remove the channel (via the * button options).

This was instituted to prevent users from removing the channel, incorrectly assuming this action alone cancelled their subscription, and then wondering why they were still being charged.  Basically, just a safeguard.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos