Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccerghed

Cannot find Viaplay subscription in Roku Channel app

Jump to solution

I don't own a Roku device, so I only have the Roku Channel app installed on my Google TV.

While I can view content from my subscription to ViaPlay on the rokuchannel.roku.com website, the Android app has no visibility to stream my subscription channel.

Am I to understand that the Roku Channel app is design to support only free channels?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot find Viaplay subscription in Roku Channel app

Jump to solution

Hi @ccerghed,

From the Roku Community, welcome!

Thanks for reaching out. Even if you don't have a Roku device, you can still easily access your Roku account or any subscription you have via the website. It's good to know that the Roku Mobile app only allows you to stream free content that is isolated within each channel. You are spot on about this.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you and hoping this clears everything.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot find Viaplay subscription in Roku Channel app

Jump to solution

Hi @ccerghed,

From the Roku Community, welcome!

Thanks for reaching out. Even if you don't have a Roku device, you can still easily access your Roku account or any subscription you have via the website. It's good to know that the Roku Mobile app only allows you to stream free content that is isolated within each channel. You are spot on about this.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you and hoping this clears everything.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos