Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rovenorth
Reel Rookie

Cannot change my service provider on Watch TCM

Jump to solution

I used to stream YouTube TV and Watch TCM without any problem. A few days ago, however, I changed from YTTB to DirecTV streaming. The DTV stream works fine but I cannot find a way to change my service provider to DTV on Watch TCM: it keeps insisting YTTV is the provider and the content therefore isn't available.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the channel, rebooting Roku, clearing its cache, resetting its network connection, etc. I can stream Watch TCM on my desktop computer and phone, both of which recognize DTV as the new service provider. On Roku, no luck. Any thoughts? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot change my service provider on Watch TCM

Jump to solution

From within the Watch TCM app go to Settings in the left side menu, then go right and sign off.  Now sign back in with your new provider credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

To be clear, since you didn't specifically say this, did you try just signing out under Settings in the Watch TCM app and then signing in with your new provider?

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

From within the Watch TCM app go to Settings in the left side menu, then go right and sign off.  Now sign back in with your new provider credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
rovenorth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I select settings, the app just refers me to the TCM website for tech support. That stated, you got me half way to the solution! In the reply after yours, to which I will reply in a moment, I saw that I could "go right" to sign out. I'd never seen that before and instead always exited the app with the exit key on the remote. Eureka, it worked! I signed out and signed in and the problem was solved. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post.

0 Kudos
rovenorth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks VERY much for taking the time to reply to my post. I'd never before noticed that I could "go right and sign off" from settings. In my feeble defense I'll say that's an odd place for the app developers to have put "sign off." Anyway, you solved it, and I thank you very much. It was driving me crazy, as must have been clear in my original post.

0 Kudos