Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VictoriaK

Cannot cancel Subscriptions

I set up Crave through my Roku device a while ago, but I rarely use it now and want to cancel. I try canceling through the crave app itself, and it says go to my Roku account, but my roku account says I don’t have a crave subscription???! , even though it’s getting billed THROUGH ROKU??!! Someone help, I’m so annoyed. Something supposed to be so simple has become a headache. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot cancel Subscriptions

Are you sure you have exactly one Roku account?  I happen to have two myself because my first account was randomly (I think!) banned from this forum.  Other people set up more than one for a variety of reasons.

Personally, I don’t have a payment method attached to any of my Roku accounts anymore, because I think it’s better to pay content providers directly.  (For reasons such as this and because it’s usually easier to contact support at content providers.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot cancel Subscriptions

@VictoriaK-

Do you access Crave via the Crave app, or is it accessed through The Roku Channel?

If via the Crave app, have you tried highlighting the app in the Home Page channel grid and pressing the * key on your Roku Remote?  If you have a subscription through Roku, you should see a "Manage Subscription" item instead of "Remove channel".   Click on this and it should guide you through unsubscribing.

I have no subscriptions through Roku, so I don't know what the procedure is if you must access Crave through The Roku Channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos