Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veggiemuffin
Channel Surfer

Cancelled Spectrum but Apps Still Refer to Spectrum not being a Provider

I cancelled my Spectrum TV yesterday and the agent said the cancellation would be complete by the end of the day. But today when I click on the ABC app I get a message “access to this program is not included in your Spectrum TV subscription. Code 012-1206-403”.

ABC was included in Spectrum when I had it, but why does it even refer to “my” Spectrum TV subscription since I don’t have one?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cancelled Spectrum but Apps Still Refer to Spectrum not being a Provider

@veggiemuffin 

Did you ever authenticate the app against Spectrum? If so, you may need to sign out of that within the app. Or, even remove the app and reboot the Roku.

By the way, since the ABC app requires authentication against a TV provider, and it appears you don't have one, why would you even launch the app? Does it offer some free (not requiring authorization) content?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The ABC app is a TV Everywhere app. It uses a login that verifies with a cable/satellite subscription to allow access. Since you canceled your TV service, the app is no longer able to be used. Many of the network/cable 'apps' are actually TV Everywhere. Some use "Go" as part of the name. If they cannot verify with a matching subscription, they will not work, or will limit you to a just a sample of programming.

veggiemuffin
Channel Surfer

I did finally find a place that asked if I wanted to unlink from Spectrum, which I did, of course. Then activated to my new provider. Thanks. This was driving me nuts.

0 Kudos