Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom2zedlav

Can you use a subscription you purchased through Roku on a Amazon fire stick?

Is their anyway to play on a Amazon fire stick a subscription that I purchased through Roku?? I did a subscription with Roku cause I have more Roku devices in my home but in one room we have Amazon fire stick. I was wondering if their anyway to play the subscription on it??

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can you use a subscription you purchased through Roku on a Amazon fire stick?

It depends on the subscription.  Some providers provide a way to get login credentials that you can use on other devices and some don't.  Several months ago I went though the procedure for a Peacock subscription a family member took out through Roku.  For that one, we attempted to log in on the Peacock website using the email address associated with the Roku account and chose the "forgot password" option.  That allowed us to establish a new password and then we could take that email address and password and use it on other devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can you use a subscription you purchased through Roku on a Amazon fire stick?

@tom2zedlav-

Excellent reply from @renojim (as usual).   But for those subscriptions made through a third party (Roku, Amazon, Hulu, Sling, etc.) where the channel has not provided an alternate means of access...

If you want to be able to use the subscription on multiple platforms, subscribe directly with the channel on its website.  You'll than have an account with the channel, not with some third party, and you'll be able to view it on any platform supported by the channel -- via browser on a computer/phone/tablet, or on any streaming device or smart TV for which the channel has provided an app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
andyross
Roku Guru

Can second the idea of NEVER subscribing through a 3rd party.

I just got a Fire TV 4K Max ($25 on Amazon for Prime members for a limited time) as a backup to the Roku's I have, just in case the Roku service has a meltdown. Had no real issues, beyond trying to remember the correct email/password, on all of my subscription services.

0 Kudos