Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coppertwst
Reel Rookie

Can't watch The Mentalist, keep getting Error 451

Jump to solution

I have been regularly watching an episode of The Mentalist on my PC every day for a few weeks now, working my way through the 7 seasons. But yesterday I could not access the show, kept getting an Error 451 notice telling me to re-start my browser (Chrome). Nothing I try works. Anyone else experiencing this or have suggestions regarding the issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't watch The Mentalist, keep getting Error 451

Jump to solution

@Coppertwst 

If you are using any browser extensions like VPNs or ad-blockers, try disabling them.  Also, in Chrome, go into the settings and clear the cache.  Generally, just clear everything except for Passwords if you keep them saved there.

Also, try restarting your router and your computer.

The 451 error is kind of a prohibited/access blocked type of internet error code.

There can be a few different reasons for this.  I would actually try restarting the router and the computer after clearing the Chrome cache.  To rule out a DRM issue (copy protection scheme/protocol) with Chrome, I would install Firefox browser, enable the DRM in its settings (this setting is required to play licensed/protected content online), and then see if content plays any better for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Coppertwst 

If you are using any browser extensions like VPNs or ad-blockers, try disabling them.  Also, in Chrome, go into the settings and clear the cache.  Generally, just clear everything except for Passwords if you keep them saved there.

Also, try restarting your router and your computer.

The 451 error is kind of a prohibited/access blocked type of internet error code.

There can be a few different reasons for this.  I would actually try restarting the router and the computer after clearing the Chrome cache.  To rule out a DRM issue (copy protection scheme/protocol) with Chrome, I would install Firefox browser, enable the DRM in its settings (this setting is required to play licensed/protected content online), and then see if content plays any better for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Coppertwst
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

AvsGunnar - Thank you. It was the VPN. My Norton Anti-Virus turned it on automatically without my knowing during the last maintenance. Turned it off, everything fine. Much appreciated.