Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LochNess
Level 7

Can't sign into Acorn app after renewing subscription

Yes, I've searched and can't find anything about this.

I've used the Acorn app on roku for years. I went to watch a program on the Acorn app (not through Acorn on the roku channel) and it asked if I wanted to renew and I said yes. I received a charge notice and it was through roku, meaning the problem resides with roku. Now when I try to sign into the app it says Error at sign in: Unauthorized. Please verify email and pass and try again later. ALL my info is correct. I tried accessing through the roku channel as well but given no options apart from a free trial. I renewed Friday morning and I still can't access!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't sign into Acorn app after renewing subscription

I would suggest as a first attempt to restart your device from Settings->System->System restart (or Settings->System->Power->System restart for Roku TVs) and checking for updates under Settings->System->System update.

Check your subscriptions at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions to ensure your subscription shows up.

Acorn and BritBox seem to be strange with how their subscriptions work since they're both within The Roku Channel and stand-alone.  A BritBox user had to go onto their website and create an account using his Roku account email.  Maybe something similar is happening here.  See this post:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/I-have-a-current-subscription-to-BritBox-but-...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos