Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jillyn31

Re: Can't play Hulu shows -- error P DEV320

Jump to solution

Thank you, @MoviesProbably ! It worked. You're a genius! 🙂

0 Kudos
Lking2thesky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I looked up the menu for a TCL Roku tv and you may just need too select TV PICTURE SETTINGS from the main Settings menu. And if it shows 1080p HDR10 as an option, select 1080p (or 720p) instead. The HDR is what's causing the issue. I pray this helps you. 😊

Lking2thesky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I looked up the menu on a TCL Roku tv. It looks like if you select SETTINGS from the main menu, and then select TV PICTURE SETTINGS then that might put you in the right place. If there is an option for (may say) Automatic 1080p HDR10, UNSELECT that option and choose just 1080p TV or 720p TV. It would appear that the HDR (high dynamic range) is what's causing the issue. I pray this helps. 😊

Jnbg65

Jump to solution

You are a genius! I’ve been dealing with this issue for weeks with both Hulu and MAX and found no resolution until I tried your fix! Thank you for posting this!

Lking2thesky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So very glad I was able to help! Happy watching and may this year bless you abundantly. ☺️

0 Kudos
Heavyoak

Jump to solution

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
dcronin135
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I actually found the root-cause to these issues.  It's not what you might think.  The remedies people post online seem to be short-term fixes, and not a solution.  More than likely you are connected to a multi-band access point supporting a variety of radio frequencies.  I've posted the root-cause on both Hulu and Roku communities, and tried to explain what's happening in laymen's terms.  No more band-aid housekeeping;  resetting, reinstalling, rebooting anything.  I found the fix on 02/14/2024, and so far to date, Hulu works 100% on every load request.  I have several Roku TV's, as-well-as 40+ other devices on my home network, and the solution I posted in those communities has worked ever since.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
dcronin135
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You are only covering up the root-cause by changing the display resolution.  The solution doesn't really fix the actual problem.  See my other post for the root-cause.

0 Kudos
Ksashia

Jump to solution

I can't thank you enough for posting this solution. I took have a TCL TV with a Roku streaming stick. This issue has plagued me off and on for over 2 years -- Not enough of an annoyance for me to warrant delving deep into the issue myself, but enough to be a deterrent to stop paying for Hulu subscription. This solved the issue beautifully. It's my 40th birthday and I just want to watch Shogun in bed. Thank you so much kind stranger!!

Jump to solution

Having the same issue here. So fed up with Hulu. I was able to watch 1 episode on tv and 1 on the computer, but now couldn't watch 3rd episode at all! Glad you got yours fixed. Can watch all the other shows I like, but really wanted to see the remake of Shogun, after seeing the original so many, many years ago. 

0 Kudos