Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Can't play FREE content from the Roku channel

@terwyne 

You have a different issue than the OP.    It sounds like your 3940 is overheating.

If you purchased retail and your Express 4K is still within the return/refund/exchange window, you should take advantage of that.

If you bought it from Roku.com use this link:

https://support.roku.com/contactus/returns-and-manage-orders

0 Kudos
Misk1
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue with all of my Rokus. I live in Canada so it’s not an area issue. I can watch the live tv on the channel guide but when I click on free shows and movies and press play (play S1|E1) it says “loading” for 2 seconds and just goes back to the play button. I’ve tried all the trouble shooting with deleting the app and restarting the device and nothing seems to make it work

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Misk1

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Misk1
Reel Rookie

I tried this, it still does not work but thank you for trying

0 Kudos
Barnyard

I am from Canada, I have a Roku TV and I am unable to access the The Roku Channel shows. I select the app, click on a show and it refreshes when I have tried start watching anything on the app. I have rebooted the app and system like stated above.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Barnyard

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Misk1

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-screenshot of what is showing on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeffatds9
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue when trying to play some Featured Free content. I hit the Play option, get the Loading message for a few seconds, then return back to the Play option.

Is the Featured Free content available in US territories such as Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jeffatds9

Thanks for the post.

Where are you currently located? It's possible that you are trying to access content that is not available in your region.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos