Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't log into Disney Plus app

Hi @michaelscott,

Please be aware that we have removed the personal information you have shared in your posts for privacy purposes.
Our team is currently investigating this one. Please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What version or build is it of the Disney+ app? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we can pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eliwap
Binge Watcher

Well.... Something has changed....

I'm now getting the screen where it asks if I would like to renew my subscription..... And of course I try to but, then I get an error code 76.

Just letting you know what's going on.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @eliwap,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

The Disney Plus error code 76 is commonly caused by Internet connection issues preventing you from watching the content.

Have you tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jdrury
Channel Surfer

Having the same issue.

I'm reposting here I had previous had this posed here (https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Disney-plus-screen-all-gray-with-logo/td-p/926496) but its seems thet the Roku TV are now fixed but streaming devices still have issues

I was getting the grey screen and the Disney+ logo.

Now when I log in to the Disney app on the Roku I get a restart subscription screen.

When I select resubscribe, I get a bamsdk error 76

Also, to note that the Disney+ subscription was though Roku, however in is now not showing up in “My Subscriptions” on my account page

When I log into Disney+ from a PC web browser, I am in an endless loop of:

• restart subscription screen
  • select restart subscription
  • says I already have a subscription
  • select take me to Disney+ option
  • get the restart subscription screen again

Looks like an error with Roku and Disney+ subscription/payment issue

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jdrury,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

In this matter, it would be best to talk to the specified team since we need to gather your personal information.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.

• Please visit: support.roku.com
  • Sign in to your account
  • Look for the "Agent Support" tab at the bottom right corner of the page
  • Click "Check support options"
  • Click Account, Payments & subscriptions

You can also check these links will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account or How to unsubscribe or Cancel a Subscription

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jdrury
Channel Surfer

I have spoken to Disney+, they say it's not their problem and I should contact Roku

I have contacted Roku (as per previous post) and have been advised I should contact Disney+ and it's not a Roku issue.

My last payment to Disney+ (through Roku) was 19th Oct.

I didn't cancel the subscription, it just stopped getting charged. 

Issue is that because it was never officially cancelled. Disney thinks I still have an active account, so I can not sign up from scratch, but when I log in to resubscribe I get the bamsdk 76 error (see previous post for full details)

As both Disney+ and Roku and denying responsibility, I'm not sure what my next steps are? 

0 Kudos
eliwap
Binge Watcher

The following link is to BAMSDK: https://www.npmjs.com/package/bam-ticketing-sdk

Nothing us users can do. However, because the BAMSDK is clearly and unambiguously throwing out an error "bamsdk 76 error"  there is clearly a bug in the Disney app where the app is not making the correct calls to Disney's api.

I do not know who is responsible for developing the Disney app on Roku, however if the interested parties are not going to  communicate with each other cooperatively, this won't get resolved.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users! 

This has already been forwarded and acknowledged by the relevant team. As of the moment, it is in the process of investigation, Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let the community know.

Once again, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will take immediate action. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Any update?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, @RobbinAustin 

As of the moment, no further information has been released. However, we'll provide an update regarding this matter with the appropriate Roku team.

Hoping for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos