Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliwap
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't log into Disney Plus app

Hi Jandee.

No, I have not reached out to Disney.... Nor can I since I'm connecting my Roku to various services through a VPN and when I try to connect through my phone which is connecting to the Intenet through my vpn it tells me that it is detecting the vpn and will not allow me to connect to Disney services.

Before you say something like.... we don't support your vpn.... I know you don't support the vpn service that I'm using.... Not writing that with a "snarky" attitude.

However, I'm sure, that for various reasons, people would prefer to connect to the internet via vpn. Primarily to protect one's privacy online. So if the problem is being caused by Disney not allowing access through vpn regardless of the where the originating client is coming from then I guess they don't want our money.

That's OK.. I realize that my few dollars are not worth much to such a huge company, so I'm not demanding anything cause that would be pointless. Its just a shame that I can't enjoy the shows that I have been happy to pay for and have been expecting to enjoy through the Roku device that I purchased.

I hope that this is a problem that is resolvable.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@eliwap, the problem with a VPN is there's no way to ascertain "where the originating client is coming from".  That's one of the main reasons people use VPNs.  I don't see this ever being resolved.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
maccady
Reel Rookie

Hi. I contacted Disney Plus and they have no idea. Can you direct me to where you heard there was a fix? No one knows anything 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @maccady.
We understand. We will need the following details in order to have this issue investigated:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What version or build is it of the Disney+ app? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we can pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
eliwap
Binge Watcher

Hi Jandee

Here is the info you are requesting...

Model: 4662RW - Roku Ultra LT

Serial Noo: YJ00CJ476083

Software Ver: 12.50 Build 4178.46

Device ID 04618C476083

Tracker ID: 83-475-605

0 Kudos
eliwap
Binge Watcher

Oh... Jandee

I neglected to thank you.

Sincerely... Thanks for escalating the issue on our behalf

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @eliwap

Thanks for the response.

We'll forward this information to the appropriate Roku team who will investigate this issue further.

In the meantime, we appreciate your efforts in providing the information. We also hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
eliwap
Binge Watcher

Hi Takashi

I very much appreciate you guys looking into this. Here's hoping for a postive result

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @eliwap 

We also would like to note that there are instances that which the usage of VPN affects the channel access on the Roku platform. Due to content geolocation restrictions, VPNs may cause some content to have playback issues or not playback at all. To resolve this, ensure your Roku device is not using the VPN network.

Thus, we recommend turning off the VPN and trying to access the channel to see if the issue will no longer appear.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

today is the 15th and the issue is still not resolved i do not know what to do have tried everything. please email me

0 Kudos