Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chefmatt707
Reel Rookie

Can't log into Disney Plus app

I turn on the Disney Plus app and it does not go to the sign in screen it just gives me a blank gray screen

64 REPLIES 64
rumpenelskin
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't log into Disney Plus app

exactly the same issue here.  I have a Roku express and a Roku ultra  and it's the same for both.  I have restarted the device.  Restarted my internet connection.  Reinstalled the app.  reset my device to factory.  Nothing works.  It's also only happening on my Roku devices.  Logging in on my laptop, and Ipad are just fine.  I also have an Apple TV on one tv and it's working as well.  I have been scouring these boards trying to find a solution but everything keeps coming up with the same scripted checklist of usual suspects when fixing an error.  I absolutely hope someone responds to this in a way that is more meaningful than did you turnit off and turn it on.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chefmatt707 @rumpenelskin

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for the report about this issue on Disney Plus. Is this an issue through a standalone channel or through a premium subscription via The Roku Channel?

Have you tried accessing this before, or is this your first accessing the app?

Tell us more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JT33

I also am having issues with logging in. I only get a gray screen with the Disney logo in the left corner. I have tried every suggestion on how to reset it. I have factory reset my Roku tv, restarted my router, verified that the channel was up to date and that the system itself was up to date, power cycled everything at least 5 times. Nothing is working. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this issue, @JT33.

Would you mind trying an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to check if the same issue will occur? Also, can you confirm if your subscription is directly from the stand-alone channel? If so, we'll also recommend you reach out to them, as you may have exhausted the troubleshooting steps, and since this is an isolated issue, getting in touch with the provider might help.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rumpenelskin
Channel Surfer

If this helps, my daughter has 2 tcl roku tvs that are experiencing the same problem.  She lives in a different house in the same town.  Again, I have an apple tv and have logged into disney plus using my laptop browser on my home network with no issue.  The problem is clearly with the Roku devices.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rumpenelskin,

Thank you for keeping us updated!

We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Disney+ channel. May we know if you are getting any error codes or messages? Could you send us a photo of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rumpenelskin
Channel Surfer

here's a link to  ashort video of exactly what is happening to me on 2 different Roku devices.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12EkwM_Jz6GVmlYXi_aoVLzubfTnSiBup/view?usp=drive_link

rumpenelskin
Channel Surfer

If you see the video I posted previously, there are no error messages, no options to log in so no login errors, it just freezes while opening. 

chefmatt707
Reel Rookie

I'm getting the same thing 

0 Kudos