Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfgipper
Level 7

Can't load channels and the home page flashes purple

The home page flashes purple.  Channels will not load.  I'm not going to remove them all and reload them.  What is happening? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't load channels and the home page flashes purple

A flash of color, usually purple or green, sounds to me like some instability in an HDMI connection.

Assuming this is a Roku device connected to a TV via HDMI, as opposed to a Roku TV that has Roku capability built in, I can think of several things to investigate.

• Try disconnecting your HDMI connection, blowing out the male and female connectors and reconnect making sure the connection is firmly made.  If an HDMI cable is used (as opposed to a Roku stick connected directly to the HDMI port) do this on both ends of the cable.
  • If the TV has multiple HDMI ports, try other ports.
  • In case the cable has become faulty, try a different HDMI cable.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos