Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ladylmz22

Can't get On Demand Korea to open

Jump to solution

Added On Demand Korea to my home channels but when I go to open it, it goes back to the home channel screen again without promoting anything.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't get On Demand Korea to open

Jump to solution

@Ladylmz22 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to On Demand Korea directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the On Demand Korea channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.ondemandkorea.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ladylmz22 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to On Demand Korea directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the On Demand Korea channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.ondemandkorea.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Apolina

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! It did works.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Still doesn't work for me. I get a black screen when opening it (slightly gray on top) and nothing loads. Tried the recommendation above and still not working. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@chasemyaccord 

I think the Channel is just having some issues.  Was unable to load either, so not just you.  I received a short spinning circle and then faded to black.  Did not launch.

You can try contacting the Channel developer or watch it online and then cast it to your Roku device or use an HDMI cable to your TV until resolved. (https://www.ondemandkorea.com/)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos