Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Westie98
Level 8

Can't find "latest news" on my home screen menu anymore.

Jump to solution

Have a streaming stick+ and it came with "latest news" as a category on the home screen. It has disappeared now and I didn't intentionally delete it. Is there a way to get it back? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't find "latest news" on my home screen menu anymore.

Jump to solution

I just checked the Roku TV next to me, and it isn't shown there either. I checked the Settings/Home Screen menu, and there's no setting to turn it on/off. Looks like Roku removed it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I just checked the Roku TV next to me, and it isn't shown there either. I checked the Settings/Home Screen menu, and there's no setting to turn it on/off. Looks like Roku removed it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Westie98
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for checking. I had my news channels aggregated there, so this is rather annoying. I think the ability to cluster channels on the menu would be a useful option, and not just for news. Removing features does not seem like an upgrade to me.

0 Kudos
llanquin
Level 7

"Latest News" MIssing from the main menu

Jump to solution

I usually would check this section everyday and noticed this year how news channel got rearanged but then today the whole section is gone. Whats happening? I also noticed people posting about this two years ago. Does this mean i was one of the last people who where still ab;le to use that section or what? Because the channels where all working and now i cant even seem to find tyt individually as a channel in the roku store.

0 Kudos